Everything and more than I had hoped for in a solo vacation! The physical and spiritual beauty of the ranch is impossible to miss once you are there as you are completely enveloped by it. Add a wonderful caring staff and you have a top notch vacation destination. As a solo traveler you never really know what you will find and in this case I found warmth, caring and stellar service starting with the planning stages and booking right thru my 5 night stay. The family style meals encourage guests to mingle and relax together. There are plenty of planned/guided activities to choose from or if you prefer you can “do your own thing” with as much or little help from the staff as you want.
The accommodations – I had a wonderful room and private bath in the main lodge. The bathroom was stocked with EVR labeled toiletries that I liked better than what I had brought with me.
The food - bountiful, fresh and absolutely delicious!! Jason and Claudia work their magic breakfast, lunch and dinner in an open kitchen off the dining room so if you want to know “what’s cooking” just ask. On Thursdays the Thai staff makes dinner, serving up several scrumptious selections.
The activities – pan for gold with Darrel, go on a trail ride with Julie and Tanya or hike Mt Bowman with a knowledgeable guide. There are also several self-guided hikes on the property and if you choose to tackle any of them you will most likely be accompanied by several of the border collies. I did all of these plus added a couple of strategically placed :) incredible massages.
Getting there – I chose to fly into Seattle (from Boston), rent a car and drive up thru the Frasier River Canyon which is spectacular.
The bottom line – another reviewer remarked this place must be on your bucket list. I agree whole heartedly and if the opportunity arises would return in a heartbeat.
Norm, Nan, Alan, Uny, Jason, Claudia, Darrel, Julie, Tanya and all the Thai staff that I won’t insult by trying to get the spelling right – THANK YOU!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond