One never knows what to expect when booking a getaway on line. If you pick Echo Valley Ranch and spa you can be at ease.
Upon arrival the first thing that strikes you is the beauty of the place with the green rolling hills dotted with horses and cattle and the beautiful log cabins and lodge.
You are then warmly greeted with smiles and waves from one or more of the friendly owners or staff as well as a gaggle of playful border collies . If you are a nature or animal lover, this place is a slice of heaven. Even the well cared for barn cats will greet you and follow you on walks.
The overall appearance of the place is a harmonious kaleidoscope of spacious log cabins and Thai accents in some of the architecture and throughout the spa as well as some striking native art sculptures. Meals are prepared in the lodge kitchen and are a delicious cornucopia of Thai fusion and western gourmet. That is the only way to describe it. In any event, you will be pushing away from the table happy and satisfied.
Many activities are available, there is a surprising full gym, lap pool (small but clean), mountain bikes to borrow and the many wranglers are approachable and understand how to make the ridding excursions safe for the novice rider and enjoyable for the more experienced equestrian. The horses are well cared for, clean and plump with grass and love.
The spa treatments I had rate as top 5 I have ever experienced anywhere in my world travels. The owners Nan and Norm will make you feel like a cherished family member…I am planning to go back often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting and golf. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond