“Tranquility, good food, fresh air, luxurious spa and superbly courteous and friendly atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Echo Valley Ranch & Spa

You added Echo Valley Ranch & Spa to your Saves list
Echo Valley Ranch & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   10635 Jesmond Road, Jesmond, British Columbia V0K 1K0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jesmond
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

One never knows what to expect when booking a getaway on line. If you pick Echo Valley Ranch and spa you can be at ease.
Upon arrival the first thing that strikes you is the beauty of the place with the green rolling hills dotted with horses and cattle and the beautiful log cabins and lodge.
You are then warmly greeted with smiles and waves from one or more of the friendly owners or staff as well as a gaggle of playful border collies . If you are a nature or animal lover, this place is a slice of heaven. Even the well cared for barn cats will greet you and follow you on walks.
The overall appearance of the place is a harmonious kaleidoscope of spacious log cabins and Thai accents in some of the architecture and throughout the spa as well as some striking native art sculptures. Meals are prepared in the lodge kitchen and are a delicious cornucopia of Thai fusion and western gourmet. That is the only way to describe it. In any event, you will be pushing away from the table happy and satisfied.
Many activities are available, there is a surprising full gym, lap pool (small but clean), mountain bikes to borrow and the many wranglers are approachable and understand how to make the ridding excursions safe for the novice rider and enjoyable for the more experienced equestrian. The horses are well cared for, clean and plump with grass and love.
The spa treatments I had rate as top 5 I have ever experienced anywhere in my world travels. The owners Nan and Norm will make you feel like a cherished family member…I am planning to go back often.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have traveled to Echo Valley two to three times per year over the past twenty years.

I have multiple sclerosis and remain mobile with Nordic walkers. The ten thousand acres of adjacent riding and walking trails are perfect for my mostly solo out of doors adventures. The three trout ponds are extremely peaceful and offer a perfect setting for the frequent reading and writing that occupy much of my time at the ranch. I also enjoy walking the airport runway, before and after meals, with several of the friendly resident Border collies. I receive a great work out throwing sticks and Frisbee to be fetched by my canine companions.

I find that my physical activities help strengthen the muscles still not ravaged by my MS. My walks grow longer each day and after three to four days, I am much stronger upon returning to Vancouver. Should I have any muscle aches, the Thai massage followed by a restful sleep finds me ready for more adventures the next day.

I generally follow a reasonable diet and find the chef Jasen very knowledgeable. He prepares a great variety of foods and one is free to chose meals that are not only very tasteful but also health conscious. The staff usually prepare an afternoon glass of blended fruit and vegetable juice for me; extremely delicious.

The hosts, Norm and Nan are very friendly and knowledgeable yet unobtrusive (If only Norm could play better crib).

The ranch is remote and isolated, just what one wishes in a ranch experience. I always feel, once I drive through the ranch gates, that "THE FUN IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"

Thank you for helping me remain mobile.

Dr. R.A. Orlando MD

I like to

On this last trip, I was taken down to the Fraser river for some gold panning and was not only rewarded with some gold dust but also a relatively large ruby for my amateurish efforts.!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Bristol, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife, six-year old child and I went on a ranch vacation last year and had a great time, so we decided to do it again this year. We were looking for a more intimate place this time and decided on Echo Valley Ranch. Overall it was an excellent choice.

The ranch is an interesting mix of traditional western and Thai architecture - tastefuly done and just seems to "belong" in the beautiful setting. The main lodge is inviting and the combination of excellent food and family style meals with good company made eating at the ranch an enjoyable experience. The staff is welcoming, very helpful, and for the most part attentive. What really helps make Echo Valley a wonderful place to stay is the warmth of two truly nice hosts - Norm and Nan. I would be remiss if I did not mention that the fly fishing in the two trout ponds for acobatic 2-6 pound rainbows was great.

One caveat for those with young kids. The kid group activities seemed rather ad-hoc and were not especially well organized. So, based on our experience, I would highly recommend Echo Valley Ranch, but particularly for adults or adults with older children.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I travelled from Vancouver to this little paradise for the weekend. Nan and Norm, along with their charming, helpful and devoted staff..have created a stunningly beautiful resort complete with activities, dining,and vista's designed to delight the senses. Their dogs,horses,turkeys,hens,and even pigs are as happy and content as their pampered guests. The ranch/spa provides peace, relaxation, or activities to please young and old alike,casual or business traveller's... Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Lions Bay, B.c.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Beautiful Ranchland with a touch of Thailand is a wonderful combination.
My husband and I enjoyed everything about our stay. We felt welcomed into Nan and Norman's home and all the staff were lovely. Such a peaceful place and so great to have the company of all the border collies when out for a walk. The food was excellent, rooms so comfortable and the Spa treatments in the Thai style enviornment were a great experience. There is something for everyone and lots to do. We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

having no sunshine in June on the cost,I suggested to my friend Piya to visit Eco valley Resort and Spa.This was my second visit and it surprised me again how everything was available and easy accessible.Upon arrival there was a Large table full of authentic Thai Dishes for us to enjoy.The friendly atmosphere with all Staff and Owners and Pets made me feel welcome and relaxing.There where many moor surprises with Gourmet meals,the tender home grown Steaks,or French toast with a Home made Omelet for a hearty Breakfast .The magic smell of freshly oven Baked Bread, Chef Jason made this Kitchen Rock.The Spa was definitely a highlight,spacious and relaxing complemented with Ginger tea and fresh Spring water.A large Gym to whip myself into shape for the outdoor activities, what a surprise here in the Wilderness.The Beds comfortable and long enough for a 6' tall folks,made this a comfortable sleep.I recommend a minimum stay of 2 days.One simply needs a day to enjoy the architecture and livestock,then some of the activities with the experienced Guides.Don't forget Star gazing on the open sky, there is peace here in Eco valley Resort.enjoy like I did Rudi Meister

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was lucky enough to end up at Echo Valley Ranch for work purposes. I'd been given the heads up that EVR had a special 'feel' to it that was hard to describe and could only be experienced first hand. Boy was that true.

From the moment we arrived to the day we left, we were taken care of, not only by the lovely staff, but by the owners themselves (Nan & Norm Dove). The personal touches (they lent us their own cowboy hats to go riding so we'd 'look the part') and genuine interest they took in all the guests was outstanding. And don't get me started on the 8 'shadows' (aka collie dogs) that trailed along unassumingly behind guests, tails wagging ... staying out of your way but happy to get in there for a good cuddle if wanted. Hello Echo Valley Ranch - goodbye stress!

We went panning for gold with Darrel (stunning scenery), riding with Tanja, Thai stretching with Jaranya ... we enjoyed top notch cuisine courtesty of Chef Jason. And capped the night off with some wonderful live music courtesy of Canadian folk artists Darrel & Saskia.

Neat back story on the East meets West connection at this gorgeous ranch: one of the main buildings was designed by the architect who built for the Thai royal family (get Norm to tell you how that all unfolded!) Nan is a genuine lover of animals ... whether it's horses, cats, dogs. They follow her around like Snow White. Oh and the stars! Don't let me forget the stars. Laying on my back near the runway (yes, a private runway) looking up at the clearest, brightest stars I have ever seen was nearly an out of body experience. Zero light/noise pollution - I felt I could reach my arm up and touch one.

35 horses, 8 collie dogs, 160 acres and 2 people who love what they do and are dedicated to making sure others have a lovely experience. It's totally magical.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Echo Valley Ranch & Spa? Share your experiences!