I have traveled to Echo Valley two to three times per year over the past twenty years.
I have multiple sclerosis and remain mobile with Nordic walkers. The ten thousand acres of adjacent riding and walking trails are perfect for my mostly solo out of doors adventures. The three trout ponds are extremely peaceful and offer a perfect setting for the frequent reading and writing that occupy much of my time at the ranch. I also enjoy walking the airport runway, before and after meals, with several of the friendly resident Border collies. I receive a great work out throwing sticks and Frisbee to be fetched by my canine companions.
I find that my physical activities help strengthen the muscles still not ravaged by my MS. My walks grow longer each day and after three to four days, I am much stronger upon returning to Vancouver. Should I have any muscle aches, the Thai massage followed by a restful sleep finds me ready for more adventures the next day.
I generally follow a reasonable diet and find the chef Jasen very knowledgeable. He prepares a great variety of foods and one is free to chose meals that are not only very tasteful but also health conscious. The staff usually prepare an afternoon glass of blended fruit and vegetable juice for me; extremely delicious.
The hosts, Norm and Nan are very friendly and knowledgeable yet unobtrusive (If only Norm could play better crib).
The ranch is remote and isolated, just what one wishes in a ranch experience. I always feel, once I drive through the ranch gates, that "THE FUN IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
Thank you for helping me remain mobile.
Dr. R.A. Orlando MD
I like to
On this last trip, I was taken down to the Fraser river for some gold panning and was not only rewarded with some gold dust but also a relatively large ruby for my amateurish efforts.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond