My wife, six-year old child and I went on a ranch vacation last year and had a great time, so we decided to do it again this year. We were looking for a more intimate place this time and decided on Echo Valley Ranch. Overall it was an excellent choice.
The ranch is an interesting mix of traditional western and Thai architecture - tastefuly done and just seems to "belong" in the beautiful setting. The main lodge is inviting and the combination of excellent food and family style meals with good company made eating at the ranch an enjoyable experience. The staff is welcoming, very helpful, and for the most part attentive. What really helps make Echo Valley a wonderful place to stay is the warmth of two truly nice hosts - Norm and Nan. I would be remiss if I did not mention that the fly fishing in the two trout ponds for acobatic 2-6 pound rainbows was great.
One caveat for those with young kids. The kid group activities seemed rather ad-hoc and were not especially well organized. So, based on our experience, I would highly recommend Echo Valley Ranch, but particularly for adults or adults with older children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort
- Echo Valley Ranch & Spa Canada/British Columbia - Jesmond