“Unique experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Echo Valley Ranch & Spa

and 1 more site!
You added Echo Valley Ranch & Spa to your Saves list
Echo Valley Ranch & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   10635 Jesmond Road, Jesmond, British Columbia V0K 1K0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jesmond
Lions Bay, B.c.
“Unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Beautiful Ranchland with a touch of Thailand is a wonderful combination.
My husband and I enjoyed everything about our stay. We felt welcomed into Nan and Norman's home and all the staff were lovely. Such a peaceful place and so great to have the company of all the border collies when out for a walk. The food was excellent, rooms so comfortable and the Spa treatments in the Thai style enviornment were a great experience. There is something for everyone and lots to do. We look forward to coming back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

having no sunshine in June on the cost,I suggested to my friend Piya to visit Eco valley Resort and Spa.This was my second visit and it surprised me again how everything was available and easy accessible.Upon arrival there was a Large table full of authentic Thai Dishes for us to enjoy.The friendly atmosphere with all Staff and Owners and Pets made me feel welcome and relaxing.There where many moor surprises with Gourmet meals,the tender home grown Steaks,or French toast with a Home made Omelet for a hearty Breakfast .The magic smell of freshly oven Baked Bread, Chef Jason made this Kitchen Rock.The Spa was definitely a highlight,spacious and relaxing complemented with Ginger tea and fresh Spring water.A large Gym to whip myself into shape for the outdoor activities, what a surprise here in the Wilderness.The Beds comfortable and long enough for a 6' tall folks,made this a comfortable sleep.I recommend a minimum stay of 2 days.One simply needs a day to enjoy the architecture and livestock,then some of the activities with the experienced Guides.Don't forget Star gazing on the open sky, there is peace here in Eco valley Resort.enjoy like I did Rudi Meister

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was lucky enough to end up at Echo Valley Ranch for work purposes. I'd been given the heads up that EVR had a special 'feel' to it that was hard to describe and could only be experienced first hand. Boy was that true.

From the moment we arrived to the day we left, we were taken care of, not only by the lovely staff, but by the owners themselves (Nan & Norm Dove). The personal touches (they lent us their own cowboy hats to go riding so we'd 'look the part') and genuine interest they took in all the guests was outstanding. And don't get me started on the 8 'shadows' (aka collie dogs) that trailed along unassumingly behind guests, tails wagging ... staying out of your way but happy to get in there for a good cuddle if wanted. Hello Echo Valley Ranch - goodbye stress!

We went panning for gold with Darrel (stunning scenery), riding with Tanja, Thai stretching with Jaranya ... we enjoyed top notch cuisine courtesty of Chef Jason. And capped the night off with some wonderful live music courtesy of Canadian folk artists Darrel & Saskia.

Neat back story on the East meets West connection at this gorgeous ranch: one of the main buildings was designed by the architect who built for the Thai royal family (get Norm to tell you how that all unfolded!) Nan is a genuine lover of animals ... whether it's horses, cats, dogs. They follow her around like Snow White. Oh and the stars! Don't let me forget the stars. Laying on my back near the runway (yes, a private runway) looking up at the clearest, brightest stars I have ever seen was nearly an out of body experience. Zero light/noise pollution - I felt I could reach my arm up and touch one.

35 horses, 8 collie dogs, 160 acres and 2 people who love what they do and are dedicated to making sure others have a lovely experience. It's totally magical.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

What a place ! A very comfortable place in the midst of great beauty and filled with charming People. Amongst our activities In just 3 days, we fly cast for trout in the Ranch's ponds, fished for salmon in the nearby river, panned for gold (and found some) on the banks of that river, and took a pleasant 3 hour horseback ride to beautiful vistas, On the last night, we relaxed under the stars around a lovely campfire and were entertained with guitar and lyrics by pretty cowgirls. What a place !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Definitely one of the best holidays we ever had.... so relaxing....
Beautiful place, pure nature & wide space, great food & amazing people.... will for sure come back soon & bring the kids along. If you ever go there make sure you take the ride down to Fraser river the Darrel for some fresh salmon & a crazy roadtrip.. best ever

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spent 5 fabulous days at EVR. Everything was just perfect! The accomodations, the food, the SPA, the activities. The extreme kindness of Norm and Nan and all their staff made us fell like at home.Loving dogs we were kept busy by the border collies from dawn till sunset. This has been one of our best and more relaxing holydays we ever had. We will surely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I've been going to EVR about once a year for the past 4 years and the more often I go - the more I realize the huge impact it has on calming the inner self, released months of work, personal and home related stressers in life and just learning to "breathe" again. Having such great staff for your every need and with comforting smiles - EVR feels like visiting family. From the best massages you will ever get to the amazing meals cooked three times a day- this is the ultimate meaning of "me time" and it's okay to spoil yourself once in awhile. Trust me - it will help you function better overall no matter what you do. Getting there is a nice 5 hour drive through some of the most beautiful places in BC but I have to warn you - the hardest part is leaving. Already planning my next visit! It is one of the best places on earth and I've travelled all over since I was a child - this is tops in my book, especially for the weekend getaways and ease of skipping airports and time changes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Echo Valley Ranch & Spa? Share your experiences!