“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mill Forge Hotel

You added Mill Forge Hotel to your Saves list
Mill Forge Hotel
3.0 of 5 Specialty Inn   |   Gretna Green, Kirkpatrick Fleming DG11 3BQ, Scotland   |
London, United Kingdom
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was a guest at friends wedding last week, The Hotel and grounds are lovely, we all had a really lovely time. My friend and I travelled up by train and althought the hotel is a bit out of the way, there is a regular bus that runs right outside. Nice bar area and a lovely breakfast.

, General Manager at Mill Forge Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review.

We hope to welcome you back for a future visit.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We got married on 21st June 2012 at the Mill Forge, with 50 guests. It was amazing, the staff couldnt have done more for us. We arrived 2 nights before our wedding, the transfer between our family room and bridal suite was so easy/quick and early. The rooms were so comfortable, the family room was very spacious, we had a double, single and plently of room for a cot. The bridal suite was huge, beautifully decorated. The hotel grounds are so beautiful, many different places set for photos. The staff on the morning of the wedding arranged for breakfast in my room as i didnt want to see my hubby to be and our 2 children were still fast asleep. The ceremony went so smoothly, i was so relaxed as i didnt have to worry about anything, the staff decorated our tables for us, the dinner was lovely, all our guests were stuffed! Amazing, loved every minute of it. You can tell by their professionalism that they have done many weddings and during our 3 day stay their were 5 weddings at the Forge, but they dont make you feel like that, you would think that your wedding is the only one that they had booked.

, General Manager at Mill Forge Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a flattering review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed so many different aspects of your time in our care.

Regards & Best wishes for the future
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My Husband and I got married here on the 12 October 2011, we stayed in the bridal suite room 31, the room was spacious with a lovely view over the garden and the bathroom was modern and also spacious, we had a bottle of champagne and chocolates in our room and a little pressy to take home. The gardens are beautiful and great for wedding photo's with lots of different areas. The rooms are not modern but this gives it an oldy worldy feel and it didn't ruin our stay (maybe suggest new carpets) The staff are great, extremly friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Rev John Carr married us, he was fantastic and he had everybody laughing and relaxed us straight away, the ceremony wasn't rushed around 25 mins. The food was fantastic good portion and hot. If you want a relaxed no fuss informal wedding with a romantic edge to it this is the place for you. prices for the rooms are expensive but competitive and in line with other B&B's in the area. We feel in love with the Mill Forge and will be going back for our 1st wedding aniversary.

Room Tip: Bridal suites are the best, ask for one overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Mill Forge Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wedding experience via your review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all of our services and we look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary.

On another note, some carpets have already been replaced as part of our ongoing maintenance program.

Lanarkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was a Best Man at a wedding here . I must say the venue was perfect. Everything about the day was very well organised, with all of the staff exremely helpful. The diiner was excellent and staff attentive, nothing was a bother. The venue is superb with guests who have children. I will certainly be pointing my own Daughers in the direction of The Mill Forge when their time comes.

, General Manager at Mill Forge Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your time with us.

I am delighted to hear that you think highly enough of our services to recommend us to yur daughters.

Torpoint, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I got married here on Wednesday 6th June 2012 and I can only say it was just the most perfect day ever!!! Everyone was friendly and helpful without it being false, we felt so comfortable and relaxed. The meal we had there was superb. I'm so glad we booked The Mill and not anywhere in Gretna. My advice for anyone thinking of marrying in this area is to just book The Mill .... you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We didn't stay here overnight unfortunately.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
TheMillForge, General Manager at Mill Forge Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review.

I am delighted to read that you so enjoyed your wedding and your meal.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I got married at the mill on the 4th June 2012 we couldn't have picked a better place.
We travelled from Nottingham with 38 friends and family who all loved it. The rooms were spotless, well equipped and the bridal suite was fantastic.
Everything went so smoothly. We arrived on the Sunday with a warm welcome from the general manager who couldn't have done enough. All 38 of us were welcomed into the bar and restaurant where we all enjoyed delicious meals.
We got married on the Monday, carrie our photographer and Craig the piper were excellent. As I walked nervously down the isle I was greeted by our registrar who was warm and friendly and instantly put me at ease.
We all enjoyed a great reception, great food and drink. All in all what a fantastic couple of days and would recommend it to anyone. Only 1 negative was that the waiting staff and dj's customer service skills left a lot to be desired although it didn't spoil my day. Bar staff were great.

• Stayed June 2012
TheMillForge, General Manager at Mill Forge Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us to such a level that you would recommend our services. That is the highest compliment you pay us.

I was dismayed to learn that you found some areas of customer service lacking and will of course take appropriate action.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We attended a wedding here in May and we were so pleased with the how well everything was so well organised. We were a group of 35 and everyone was treated exceptionally well by all the staff and everything ran like clockwork but with a very personal touch. In fact we are considering a future booking for our son and fiance next year because it really was perfect. Once Mill Forge thank you for making it a very special occasion

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TheMillForge, General Manager at Mill Forge Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review sharing your thoughts on your time in our care.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality.

We look forward to possible welcoming you back for your son's wedding.

Graham Smith

Been to Mill Forge Hotel? Share your experiences!