The header says it all.
Having read the reviews on here and having travelled to Koh Chang many times before, I knew what to expect within the village and therefore, given that I had walked past this place during those previous trips, I was expecting a little more with their accommodation.
I cannot fault the bar area and food. It was clean, comfortable, had a good atmosphere and the burgers were to die for.
However, their aircon rooms were extremely disappointing. They were a little shabby and dirty in parts. The bathrooms weren't pleasant at all. The aircon was noisy in one of the rooms, whereby the fan blade in the unit outside was catching the caging in and so, every five minutes it rattled. There were gaps in the floorboards and no meshing over the gaping holes in the bathroom wall/window. The TV reception was laughable and the table on which the TV sat seemed to have been made from an old wooden pallet. However it was the noise from the We Bar opposite that killed the deal for us. It was and still is constant and tantamount to water torture on most days.
Following a room change, which in their defence was swift and agreed without question, we were met with similar issues. Although, in this room the window was loose in its housing, and the noise could still be heard from the We Bar. And our door would not close properly, whereby it could be chained and locked but a gap appeared which would let any critters or mossies in.
Needless to say we checked out and found a more suitable place down the road, which was a shame really, as I was on the island long stay and this place appeared to be ideal prior to arriving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 10. minutes walking to the famous Lonely Beach. All bungalows have Air con, Hot shower, Private clean toilette, Free WI-fi, Cable TV & DVD players and also quiet for a good night sleep. In our Lounge we have free computers with Internet. We show all sports on a big screen projector as well, and if you stay In our resort you can borrow free Movies, books and games. Check out our restaurant for some better food. Also enjoy our new swimming pool with jacuzzi! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Lonely Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonely Beach Hotel Ko Chang Tai
- Lonely Beach Resort Ko Chang, Thailand