“good place” 5 of 5 stars

4 / 24 Moo 1, Lonely Beach, Ko Chang Tai, Ko Chang 23170, Thailand   |
Brighton, United Kingdom
“good place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

great place to stay very friendly family run business .they look after your every need apart from
one guy i think his name is jonas he dosent seem to care about anything and eats way to much frikadellen

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

ive done my bit of travelling arnd the world and im yet to see such friendly staff anywhere in the world...the restaurant is really good too and this plc has a very warm and cosy feel to it...both ang and tammes were amazing...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Nasushiobara-shi, Tochigi, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I can't comment on the lodging, since I stayed at a different resort. However, I ate here several times while on the island. The food really was great, and the staff was always friendly. The pizzas and burgers were the best I had in the lonely beach area. They have a nice bar area with a pool table, and it is a great location to meet other travelers. The food prices were a bit higher than at most other restaurants in the area, but I don't mind paying for better quality. The Thai food was good, but defiantly toned down for western tastes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed a total of 3 nights and it was really really good. The room had both ac and fan, hot water, TV and DVD. There is wifi in the room so you do not run away anywhere to get reception. All the staff are really nice and the food served is very good. The hotel is a bit away from the beach but it does not take more than 15 minutes to go there. There is a nightclub opposite the hotel but they do not raise the volume before 22 pm, and you are not disturbed by the sound anyway.

Really have nothing bad to write about the place and we would certainly choose to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great bungalows with either fan or a/c (we had fan as it was not too hot in the room) with Tv, DVD player, hot shower and hammock space outside the bungalow and wifi in the room and restaurant all for 200 TBH (about £4) it surpassed all our needs. opposite a supermarket and lots of restaurants and bars and only 10 mins walk to the beach it's well worth staying here. The staff are super friendly and the food in the restaurant is some of the best on Lonely Beach. We also made great use of the free pool table on offer. We were there in low season and the weather was fairly dismal and I think this was reflected in the price we paid but even in high season when the bungalows are 350 TBH (£7) it is still worth the money.

I left my laptop in the room after I checked out and called the boss who told me without hesitation he would forward it to me and even though I asked for it to be sent to Cambodia, he was kind enough to advise me that it would be best sent to the UK as the postage is unreliable in Cambodia. This was a really lovely gesture and I would strongly advise anyone visiting Ko Chang to pay Lonely Beach Resort a visit

• Stayed September 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Been to this resort several times and I love the service there. Jonas (The swedish guy at the bar) is very friendly and fun, guaranteed some good laughs during the night. Always feel warm and welcome with all the staff there, so it never fails for me to go there after hard night out or just want to have a chilling/fun night at the bar. They have a pool table there where all the guests can take turn and play. They have wifi service at the restaurant/bar and the rooms. The thing about lonely beach, there is no such hotel that keeps you in a quiet night because it's a party beach. Only few hotels where situated a bit further away from everything but still you can hear the music from the far distant. For those who complained about the noise, i suggest you guys to go farther away to Bailan beach where is about 5 mins away by motorbike. The rooms are not new but in a good size and worth the price, I see they are now building new bungalows, so there should be good renovations for rooms in this coming high season.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Falkenberg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I first came to Koh Chang 2007, at the time the resort had a small Internet Cafe and Bar/Restaurant and something like 4 or 5 bungalows. We stayed further down the street the first three or four days, but after meeting the staff and eating the great food they served we decided to move in to the Lonely Beach Resort and we stayed there for about two weeks and that was a fantastic stay, the cleaning lady made the bed everyday and even took care of our laundry for free! We left for another 2 months travelling around SE Asia and never did we stay at a place this good.

In 2010 I came back with new friends. We first stayed two weeks and then came back and stayed another 7-10 days. The resort had now built some new bungalows witch they gave us a good deal on! Just talk to Tammes or his wife and they will give you an offer you can't refuse! Dinner was great, good breakfast, nice over all service. I would come back here any day!

I'v read several reviews here and talking about stolen phones and bad standard. I just don't see how they could write it, a stolen phone in Thailand? Yes, but that could happen anywhere and I would be very careful about accusing anyone about it! And I have stayed at the resort on two New Year Eves and it has been wonderful! I'd do it again!

I would hesitate to recommend my friends to stay at Lonely Beach Resort!

Room Tip: Get a room further in to the resort's backyard as it will be quieter, never had a problem with n...