This review is long overdue: we stayed Nov 2011! At 1st we were in a "deluxe" room, not in main building. Very clean, but not much bigger than a hotel room and lacking character. Although these rooms boast fabulous lake views, if leaves were still on the trees we would've had NO lake view, and it was very obstructed by tree trunks. Next day we upgraded to the honeymoon suite on east end, and almost never wanted to leave our suite again!! Now THAT was more like it, in so many ways! Fantastic suite, view, atmosphere, etc. Meals were good, but wasn't overly impressed by Inn at Mount Julian ... a few gaffes there. The grounds/trails were beautiful, and the resort staff truly helpful and nice. Won't include this next bit as part of overall property rating, but must mention that the Spa owner really pissed us off by sneaking in 2 massages that pushed ours back by 45 minutes, and thought a last-minute call to our house back in the city (???) would suffice, rather than contact us at the resort. Said she contacted front desk, which front desk denied; she then insisted that she didn't know if we were at the resort (??) which doesn't seem plausible as we provided no credit card number at time of spa booking (a perk granted to resort guests). Don't let this sour you from the resort, though! It must be soooo much fun in summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 40 minutes north of Peterborough, Viamede is nestled in the woods on the north shore of Stoney Lake, one of Ontario's most beautiful lakes. Our resort facilities are well suited to both relaxation and adventure. Explore the 165 acres of nature that Viamede offers by hiking our 6 km of private nature trails or canoeing the islands of beautiful Stoney Lake. Take part in relaxing spa treatments at the full service spa, enjoy an evening barbecuing on your private patio, or join us at the Boathouse Pub for live music, great food and cold craft beers for summer time fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Viamede Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viamede Hotel North Kawartha
- Viamede Resort Ontario/North Kawartha, Canada