“B-E-A-U-TIFUL” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 154 Restaurants in Vilamoura
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Berkshire
“B-E-A-U-TIFUL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

Once we discovered this restaurant there was no turning back. I always rate restaurants on the steaks and the fillet steak in Casa do Pescador was insurpassable, it just melts in the mouth. My children ate everything they ordered every visit, so it was definately value for money as there was no wastage. The satff were friendly and fun and I never felt like I was imposing on them for anything. They are also obviously fond of children. I can't wait to go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

hayes, middex
“My Favourite place to eat in Vilamoura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

I visited this place in June last year and the food was amazing. The staff were friendly and could not do enough for us. I went with the two most picky eaters and they loved the food. We loved it so much we had to visit on our last night to enjoy this one more time.

I would recommend the cook your own steak (perfect for big kids i.e. my boyfriend and his father) The sangria here is the best I have ever tasted, perfect for a warm evening.

The only bad thing I would say is that you do need to look for this place or wait for a charming young man hand you a leaflet around the Marine.

I am hoping to go back to the same place this year and will heading straight back here.

southport
“A delight to Dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2008

How can anyone say this restaurant offers teffible service and quality of food - sorry I beg to differ!!
We have been frequenting the restaurant for almost seven years and I can honestly say there has been a marked improvement in both the quality of food, choice and service.
The restaurant offers a warm friendly ambience, nothing too stuffy or pretentious. The staff have a sense of humour even when busy and I know from personal experience customers are returning year after year.
If in Vilamoura then do source out this restaurant I'm SURE you won't be disappointed.

england
“big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

Four us ate here expecting it to be very good (after being very impressed with the no.2 tripadvisor ) but good it was not! Three of us had the halibut and one us our party could not eat theirs as it was overcooked to the point of being burnt. the starters were also very disappointing. We did not pay for the halibut that was dry but the apology was not very sincere. Of all the restaurants we ate in this was the worst

Brigstock, Northants
“Best restaurant around Vilamoura marina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

We have been going to Vilamoura for 15 consecutive years and have avoided eating around the marina due to having some bad experiences in the early years. This year we consulted Trip Advisor reviews and found Casa do Pescador to have the most favourable ones.

This has to be a testement to how effective Trip Advisor is because we visited the restaurant and it was as good as the reviews said it was.

The staff are friendly without being in your face. They were only too happy to take a picture of our group for us.

The food is good and value for money. Prior to the meal a small roll and a slice of very good brown bread is served with butter and packs of fish pate if desired. The bread was the best we had on the Algarve - a bit cake like in texture but fresh and soft, unlike some of the tough/chewey stuff you are given in the majority of eateries.

As most places in the area serve chips with everything I opted for a simple chicken curry - and that is what I got - it was great. Tender chunks of chicken in an extremely tasty sauce (not hot but very flavoursome) on a bed of fluffy white rice. Cost 9.95 Euros. Georgina had King Prawn and Squid kebab served with carrots, broccoli and new potatoes which she declared excellent. Our guest had a swordfish steak in a white wine sauce which he said was the best he had ever tasted.

The house wine was quite acceptable and under 10 euros.

The patio area outside the restaurant is a pleasant place to eat. There are nice flowering shrubs (hybiscus etc) around but be warned - smokers abound!!

We returned on our second week and the experience was just as acceptable and enjoyable. We will make it one of the first places we visit to eat next year too! Can't recommend it enough.