I'd booked this hotel for our anniversary since they had a special offer running for 4 days and 3 nights. We planned a week long trip in Portugal with my wife's parents ending in Vilamoura, and the purpose was to relax and bum around on the beach. The staff were incredibly warm, polite and efficient. We received room upgrades when w arrived since my wife is a Hilton Honors gold member, and then since the rooms weren't ready on time, they ensured we were able to pick up a complimentary meal at their poolside restaurant - the nice touch being no strings attached.
The hotel was relatively new, so the rooms were in excellent condition. Most are built concentrically around the main pools (there are several).
The breakfast was extremely good with a very wide choice - continental, American (it's Hilton after all:-) and English (given the major proportion of tourists I imagine) were all available. Nothing by itself would stand out but everything tasted extremely good and the variety meant one could eat totally different breakfasts each day.
Probably the major highlight was the huge spa, which we had access to as HHonors Gold - it had a massive complex of rooms, with a wide variety of treatments and a bunch of simulations and a massive jaccuzzi which are complimentary.
The hotel had a nice pool table just off the main lobby where we spent some time - was never crowded, though we did go after peak season.
Location-wise, the hotel is a short drive (30 minutes or less) from Faro airport which is one of the main ones serving the Algarve. The hotel is not on the beach (most hotels in Vilamoura are on the marina, the beach itself is not really populated) but has a regular shutle that drives guests to it, where they have a private space.
The town of Vilamoura is really pretty with a lively marina with restaurants and some shops. It was a 20-25 minute walk from the hotel, or a short cab ride.
All in all - wonderful staff, a great hotel for relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal’s finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve