...But I echo what all the others say, the courtesy bus/taxi back situation put us off going to the marina after the first time we tried it (we waited over an hour for a taxi), meaning that most nights you are tied to the resort (probably part of the grand plan!). Luckily we loved eating in the 'cave cafe' as we called it. The maitre'd at Aquarela was an absolute pleasure to chat to, and nothing was too much trouble for her or her team. I *think* her name was Marilene - I kept saying it to myself to remember it, but I'm rubbish at remembering names. We enjoyed grilled sardines at Aquarela most lunchtimes, took a trip to the supermarket to stock up on essentials for the apartment, enjoyed the vast and varied breakfasts and very much enjoyed late night grown up drinks in the Rubi Bar.
The pools are great - the children always found something new and fun to do, and lots of other children to play with. It was scorching hot, so the 'teenage' pool always gave us respite.
The kids club was great and under-used - we took the children there a couple of times to play (staying with them).
We had room 1460, which overlooked the golf course. It was a one-bed apartment, with a sofa bed for the children. When the sofa bed is out, there is very little space in the apartment, but we were only really in it to shower and sleep so this wasn't really a problem.
We went to the water park one day (HUGE queues but great fun) and also on the dolphin watching tour. We didn't see any dolphins, but we did have great fun. Take some cash with you because there's a cash bar on board.
We didn't play the sun lounger game but somehow we always got some. I just refuse to do it!
All in all, an expensive but very professional operation, and a fun family holiday during which we felt comfortable, relaxed and it's very safe (for the children). If I didn't have my "don't go anywhere twice" policy, I would consider returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve