“Great family resort, very safe and friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua da Torre d'Agua Lote 4.11.1B, Vilamoura 8125-615, Portugal   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Great family resort, very safe and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

...But I echo what all the others say, the courtesy bus/taxi back situation put us off going to the marina after the first time we tried it (we waited over an hour for a taxi), meaning that most nights you are tied to the resort (probably part of the grand plan!). Luckily we loved eating in the 'cave cafe' as we called it. The maitre'd at Aquarela was an absolute pleasure to chat to, and nothing was too much trouble for her or her team. I *think* her name was Marilene - I kept saying it to myself to remember it, but I'm rubbish at remembering names. We enjoyed grilled sardines at Aquarela most lunchtimes, took a trip to the supermarket to stock up on essentials for the apartment, enjoyed the vast and varied breakfasts and very much enjoyed late night grown up drinks in the Rubi Bar.

The pools are great - the children always found something new and fun to do, and lots of other children to play with. It was scorching hot, so the 'teenage' pool always gave us respite.

The kids club was great and under-used - we took the children there a couple of times to play (staying with them).

We had room 1460, which overlooked the golf course. It was a one-bed apartment, with a sofa bed for the children. When the sofa bed is out, there is very little space in the apartment, but we were only really in it to shower and sleep so this wasn't really a problem.

We went to the water park one day (HUGE queues but great fun) and also on the dolphin watching tour. We didn't see any dolphins, but we did have great fun. Take some cash with you because there's a cash bar on board.

We didn't play the sun lounger game but somehow we always got some. I just refuse to do it!

All in all, an expensive but very professional operation, and a fun family holiday during which we felt comfortable, relaxed and it's very safe (for the children). If I didn't have my "don't go anywhere twice" policy, I would consider returning.

Room Tip: I don't think I would like to be facing the pool. The golf view was quieter and more private.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and your enthusiastic review on TripAdvisor.

We are thrilled that you had a fun and relaxed time with your family at our safe, comfortable and friendly resort and your kind comments about the service in Aquarela were very well received by Marilene and her team.

However, I can understand how the long waits for the shuttle and taxi from the marina at night become an inconvenience and this is a service we need to improve on, together with the sun lounger situation although I must commend you for your very sensible approach toward the latter. Please be assured that we will continue to work hard to raise service standards and ensure all our guests have a memorable holiday experience.

Thanks again for your feedback and I sincerely hope you break your “don’t go anywhere twice” policy and return to the Hilton Vilamoura sometime soon!

David Ecija

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Hilton. As this was family holiday mainly aimed at keeping the kids happy we have to say that it hit the mark as the kids were very happy. Whist the hotel is a little way from the beach (5min by car), it was a perfect location for us as it allowed us to enjoy the pools at the hotel and the kids adventure park as long as we wanted. When we got enough it was only a short ride to Falesia beach, which is one of the best beaches I have managed to visit. Its big that even in August it did not feel too overcrowded. Hilton has its own bar at the beach but we never used it as we preferred to play in the sand. If you want to have a beach lounger then the Hilton club must be a good offer.

We had a 2 bedroom family room, which we did not find anything to complain. The living/dining room was very spacious and nicely furnished. The kitches has everything to need to cook (we only did few simple lunches however), which was niceas the kids are sometimes too tired to enjoy the restaurants. the balcony was good size and feeled safe for our kids as it was build clearly with safety in mind. The pool view was a hit -- a nice place to relax after day of swimming.

The restaurants were maybe the weak point. Whilst there was some choice it was not great in our view Moscada (buffet restaurant) changes its menu each day but still 2 visits were enough for us. Luckily taxes are cheap so heading to Vilamoura for dinner is not a problem. We also tried the Rubi bar. In away we though with the room we had room service was a good choice as we had plenty space at the balcony and could have our own drinks.

Breakfast was good with a large range of cold and hot foods as well as good to order Spanish omelette. If you are Hilton Gold member you get acces to a smaller breakfast room which we preferred as it had more quieter athmosphere.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Vilamoura on TripAdvisor.

I’m delighted we “hit the mark” as the right hotel for your holiday needs, particularly since you travelled with your family. It’s wonderful that you enjoyed the resort services and facilities, especially the spacious and well furnished apartments, breakfast, beach and the many hours of entertainment for your children at the kids club.

However, I regret we didn’t meet your expectations in terms of restaurants and have shared your comment with our executive chef so as to introduce further enhancements to the buffet offerings in Moscada.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back on many more occasions.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel has good quality rooms, friendly staff, good restaurants, and is spacious and well laid out. I can imagine it is good as a business hotel but I was on a family holiday and the amenities around the pool are not what I would expect of a five star hotel. You have to queue for up to half an hour to get a pool side chair in the morning, there is no waiter service at the bar, and overall there are not enough chairs by the pool so many people are disappointed each day. One other point is that there is no taxi rank and taxis are reluctant to come to the hotel (which is 10 minutes ride from the harbour) - this makes the hotel feel very isolated, and although there is a courtesy bus it again involves lengthy queuing to use it. Overall a good hotel but too many queues.

Room Tip: all rooms pretty good, some overlook the road which is not as good.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased that you liked the hotel, especially the rooms, restaurants and friendly service but regret that you were disappointed and inconvenienced by the queues for the sun loungers, taxis and shuttle into town/beach. Please be assured that we are fully committed to resolving these recurring issues so as to ensure more relaxing holiday experiences for all our guests.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you and your family back again soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel has nice rooms, friendly staff, good restaurants, and is spacious and well laid out. I can imagine it is good as a business hotel but I was on a family holiday and the amenities around the pool are not what I would expect of a five star hotel. You have to queue for up to half an hour to get a pool side chair in the morning, there is no waiter service at the bar, and overall there are not enough chairs by the pool so many people are disappointed each day. One other point is that there is no taxi rank and taxis are reluctant to come to the hotel (which is 10 minutes ride from the harbour) - this makes the hotel feel very isolated, and although there is a courtesy bus it again involves lengthy queuing to use it. Overall a good hotel but too many queues.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Berkshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean, rooms very comfortable. Lovely crisp sheets. Housekeeping excellent. Stayed in Room 2140 which overlooked the main reception area, which was fine. We didn't have a problem finding a sun lounger. The shuttle service to the Marina was very useful although the last bus back to the hotel was at 9.30 pm which was too early. The bus stopped by the Lake Resort Hotel. Breakfast is served 7am-11am. Food in the evenings is far too expensive. Room service was cheaper or eat at the Marina. Drinks are very expensive. Coffees worked out at 4.50 euros. There's a supermarket about 10 mins walk away.

• Stayed August 2013
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Hilton Vilamoura.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and will continue to work hard to raise service standards and ensure all our guests have a great holiday experience.

Hope to see you again soon!

galway, ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed in the Hilton last week and was very impressed with the service from reception to the pool bar and breakfast. The rooms were so comfortable, clean and modern. Grounds inside the pool area were gorgeous and its possible you wouldnt leave the grounds of this hotel as it's so nice inside. Location is approx 10 minutes taxi into the centre of Villamoura. Loved the stay and would love to go back. The pool was busy with children but it also had a couples pool to the side which was a bit smaller and quieter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind and complimentary review of the Hilton Vilamoura.
It is greatly appreciated by the whole team.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would certainly all love to have you back again soon!

Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel many times in the past, this summer I couldn't get 2 bed room apartments so I had to stay at as cascatas next door and sharing the same resort, the hotel next door was a nightmare and I would advise Hilton to separate them from the apartment hotel next door because it doesn't have anymore 5 star conditions as advertise.

Although I was at the apartments next door the breakfast was in the Hilton and comparing the quality of food and service I am sorry to say but this Hilton is dropping their standards, the food was not good like previous stays, the brands used in the food from what I could see we're changed to cheaper and lower quality brands.

Hope that they can change this around. Also felt that being Portuguese at this hotel at this time the staff didn't care to take my orders and care about serving me the same way as they did like other nationalities. I truly want just to be treated like everyone, not special but not forgotten either.

Hopefully this time the Hotel will not delete this review saying that because I didn't slept there I cannot review it. Because I am not reviewing the night but the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued preference for the Hilton Vilamoura and your feedback on TripAdvisor. I’m sorry we weren’t able to accommodate you in our apartments on this occasion and that you felt the breakfast service has dropped in standard and you weren’t well looked after by our staff.

I sincerely regret that you did not enjoy your experience as much as you should have. I will certainly address your comments with the team for improvement.

As a final note, I would like to clarify that the apartments where you stayed belong to the residential complex known as “As Cascatas” and although their residents and guests share the resort facilities alike, it has never been part of the Hilton brand.

Despite your disappointment on this occasion, I hope you will consider staying with us again next summer. I would be delighted to assist with your future booking to ensure everything goes smoothly.

David Ecija

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!