“Top notch Hilton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua da Torre d'Agua Lote 4.11.1B, Vilamoura 8125-615, Portugal   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 30%
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Dorset UK
“Top notch Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel earlier this year as part of a conference I was attending, which we turned into a week's holiday. Our toddler was 18 months old so we had booked a family suite which the hotel kindly upgraded to a 1 bedroom "apartment" - this had a kitchen area, dishwasher, washing machine etc!

I stay at hotels on business a fair amount and sometimes Hiltons can be a bit tired - not this one which is new and gleaming. It really feels like a luxury hotel.

We were staying in low season so I'm not sure if the outdoor pool was open - we used the enclosed/covered pool which was a little chilly but fine. You could also get to your room via a rear lift, without going through reception, so we just went back in the big dressing gowns they provided to get changed.

The town centre is walkable from the hotel (~20-30 mins) and they also have a free shuttle service which we used a few times.

The friendly pre-visit welcome by email was useful and provided help in deciding what child-care sundries to pack.

Overall, we had an enjoyable stay and would think about returning for a "proper" holiday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at our resort and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased that you decided to extend your business trip and brought along your family for a one week holiday in February. We very much appreciate your kind comments about the resort services and facilities and are delighted that you will consider returning.

We thank you for your wonderful endorsement and hope you will become regular visitors at the Hilton Vilamoura.

David Ecija

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Petersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great hotel. Clean, staff very helpful, good restaurant choices but best of all very, very child friendly. Kids club, babysitter service, good security. Hotel's beach location also hits the spot. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and writing a review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed all the services and facilities, in particular Paradise Island which is often the highlight of many families staying with us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back on many more occasions.

biggordonmc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I went here without our two young sons for a break and we got a really nice one. Our room was quiet and clean. We had complimentary water and local products in the room, nice shampoo etc for the bathroom, kettle, lots of options for hot drinks likes decaf coffee and peppermint tea plus an iron in the room. Hotel gym was really well equipped if you like weights as I do, not great cardio equipment though. Pool was always bunged with the usual contingent of people putting towels on sunbeds before goin back much later, bad form. Balcony on our room was great and I could have a fag without stinking out the room. Restaurant was too expensive but we went to the marina every night so was no problem. On that the last hotel bus back isnt late enough and while fine for us as active 30 something's the walk back would be a drag for my parents or if I had brought the nippers. Feels like a 25-30 minute walk or longer in the heat. Imrpovements the hotel could make would include better communication with guests re shuttle buses. If there is another one 5 minutes later Because the last one is full then someone should say so, it was frustrating watching one drive past me when I was 5 minutes walking down the road having let a family with young kids take our place. Also, sort out the ice machines or send some up without a 5 euro charge. If I have checked two ice machines on my own floor, it is not helpful to suggest I try checking the first and third floors. The short hostess at breakfast could try smiling as well, smiles are free and they make me happy! The hotel is really pleasing to the eye and I would def recommend it. Four star is fairer than 5

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Vilamoura on TripAdvisor.

I’m delighted you had an overall pleasant experience and were particularly impressed with the room amenities and gym. However, I was concerned that you rated our hotel a 4 rather than 5 star. We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service to our guests and will continue to work hard to ensure that we are meeting everyone’s’ expectations.

I have already briefed maintenance about the ice machines and will address your comments about the sunbeds and shuttle service at our next management meeting for improvement.

Thank you for your feedback and endorsement and we very much look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have been going to the Hilton Vilamoura once a year for the past 3 years and will probably keep coming back as we are always treated very well by all the staff and we always enjoy our stay.
For someone who has never visited I will point out the positives: great sized rooms with view of the golf course (what we are normally given), free parking, robes and slippers, a bottle of water for us on arrival as we are Hilton Honors members, free coffee/tea making facilities, good breakfast and free shuttle to the beach, sunbeds and parasols at the beach (at an extra charge). We normally drive to the Algarve and it is great to park the car and not worry about it during the day. We take the shuttle to and from the beach and it is great to have an area for hotel guests only, where you can rent sun beds and parasols and they give you the towels, newspapers, a bottle of water and an ice cream included in the rate. This is specially great during the busy summer months in the Algarve when beaches are really busy. So, for guests who do not want to rent a car this hotel is well situated because although it is not right on the beach you always have a shuttle and they even take you to the marina in the evenings where there are plenty of restaurants. There are several other restaurants close by where you can take a taxi. Another great feature for couples not traveling with children is that they have an adults only pool which is nice and quiet if you want to get away from the busy larger pool.
I do however have to point out the less positive aspects of my latest stay this year and what I feel could be improved. Firstly there is no free wifi which is quite shocking for a Hilton hotel in this day and age however I have come to find that there are other hotels in the Algarve that also charge for Internet connection. This is definitely something they should change. They should have a turndown service as like other summer resort hotels people take showers in the afternoon, before going out to dinner and it would be nice to come back in the evening and have all used towels replaced. Beds could be softer but that is a personal taste and duvets could be a little larger. This time we found that we heard some noise in the morning coming from the gardners on the golf course so I would suggest asking for a room on a high floor (do not know if windows are sound proof). Furthermore one of the mornings we had very loud vaccuming right outside our door before 9 am which was quite annoying specially because we had the do not disturb sign on our door! Finally we found it quite amusing that the magazine offered in the room was from February/March 2011!
These small issues will not stop us from returning next year as long as they keep all other standards.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room on a high floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to receive such positive feedback from a valued returning guest!

Although you mention you always enjoy your stays with us and are very well looked after by our staff, it would seem that on this third stay there were some points which you feel could be improved. We will certainly take your comments on turndown and bed linen into consideration but I’m particularly sorry that you were inconvenienced by housekeeping so early in the morning. With regard to wifi, I would like to clarify that we do provide this service free of charge in public areas of the hotel.

Please rest assured that we will take your valuable feedback into consideration as we continue to enhance the guest experience so you can enjoy your fourth stay with us even more than the last three.

Your loyalty is very much appreciated and we look forward to your return again next year if not sooner.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed close to the marina on previous occasions, I thought this hotel would be too far out. However, it is in a lovely quiet residential location and if you need to get to the marina, then the shuttle bus will take you there. We walked back most times, a good 20 minute stroll which was long enough to walk your food off. The staff at the hotel were top class, the breakfast excellent. Drinks a rip off in all areas of the hotel. Some good local restaurants like Pirata and Cafe del arte - well worth a visit. All in all, a great holiday destination.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and your review on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted you liked the resort location and felt well looked after by our staff.

I hope you will continue to stay with us on your future trips to Vilamoura.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed in the Hilton Hotel for one week. The hotel itself is beautiful. Our room was really nice with a lovely view of the pool area. The staff are very friendly & always on hand to assist. Breakfast was lovely with great variety. We never had dinner there as the prices were extortionate. The issues we had is that although the hotel provides a shuttle bus to the marina it is very restricting in that it finishes collecting at the marina at 9:30 & there are only 50 taxis in the whole of vilamoura (average wait 1-2hrs after 9:30) although this is not the hotels issue I feel the hotel is not within walking distance (at night) & it would provide an excellent service if the shuttle bus ran longer & would encourage me to stay again otherwise I would stay closer to the marina. Final issue is that on check out we realised the hotel on a daily basis were holding funds on our credit card & could not release these funds when we were to pay our bill hence we were paying on the double as such. We were told these funds would be released within 48 hours however it took 13 days in total. Overall it is a lovely hotel but for us because it is a bit out from the marina & the shuttle bus finishes so early we wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Although you were impressed with the resort facilities and friendly staff, I regret that our location away from the marina detracted from an otherwise enjoyable holiday.

I’m sorry you were inconvenienced by the long waits for taxis at the marina as well as the release of funds on your credit card. Whereas I have consulted my team with a view to extending the shuttle hours in the evening over this busy period, I’m afraid the latter is an issue that needs to be addressed with your particular bank as we cannot influence their policy.

I sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to enhance the guest experience and hope you will consider staying with us again sometime soon.

Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Here is my review of our stay at the Hilton Vilamoura in Portugal ( us and our 2 children aged 10 and 8 ).

Lets start of with the good side, regarding the hotel :
- Great service (our washing machine broke down so they offered free laundry service )
- Accommodation size as excellent ( 2 bed apartment )
- Choose the golf view if you want quite/piece otherwise it's the Pool side
- Great buffet breakfast/evening meals. Evening meals are competitive with local beach resto prices ( unless your eating Pizza )
- Pool is great for kids ( they have 3 but really the main one is the most attractive for kids - kids make a lot of friends)
- Hotel is kept immaculately clean
- Wifi available everywhere in hotel free ( ok for emails etc, but don't try anything that requires speed eg Skype video )
- You can go down and grab pool chairs and put your towels down ( so long as your there for 30mins ) they are then essentially yours reserved.

On the negative side :
- Hotel is awash with Brits ( if you want Brit company your in the right place - we prefer where there are more locals - personal choice )
- There is NO serenity at the hotel pool/breakfast/dinner
- Pool is surrounded by hotel rooms so there is no views of any sort other than buildings ( but what can you expect from hotel in residential area so be warned )
- Loud blaring music/belly dancer etc while eating your evening meal - not our sort of thing
- Breakfast is a mass of noise with clattering cutlery/crockery, every one buzzing round like ants
- It's a VERY large hotel, so if you prefer small/calm and piece this is not the place
- Design of hotel is such that you have bikini clad people walking past you while eating your evening meal ( admiring your food ! )
- Food options are limited although their buffet does try to be different but after 1 week, you have reached your limit
- You need to get to the pool before 10am otherwise your looking round like a lost dog for somewhere to sit

There is a shuttle service offered to local beach ( the beach is pleasant, but charged at €10 per person for parasol+seat for half day ). Shuttle is free. Your better off going to one of the Other local beaches ( €15 for 2 seats+ parasol for whole day ), especially if you have a car.

AVOID Albufeira at all costs, unless you like being surround by tattooed/mini skirted/brash types ( Benidorm eat your heart out ).

Beaches :
End of Rua 25 da abril is a great beach with 2 restos. We tried the Passaro Azul. Great views and fresh fish food
Pria Arrifes

Restos :
Piri-Piri which part of Pine Cliffs
Restaurant Akvavit on the Vilamoura marina - great food
Restaurant La Cigale ( did not try this one but was recommended - next door to Passaro Azul )

Non of the above are cheap but comparable to the hotel ( aorund €120 for us incl Wine excl any desert/coffee ).

Car hire:
We hired car and got roped into paying €20 extra for automatic payment of motorway tolls ( €15 to Gov + €5 car company ). We NEVER used any toll roads ( even to-from Faro airport ). So unless you are sure your going to use tolls, avoid this extra cost ( you can pay at toll )

In general, if you like big hotels and don't mind noise with no sea view, this will suit your needs. If you have ever been to the Penha Longa and you liek that experience, than avoid this place.

Having sampled the Grant Wailea( in Maui, Hilton group ), we have come to the conclusion the the Hilton group is one we will avoid using for our main holidays. Its design concept does not appeal to us.

It all comes down to a matter of your taste. I/we could highly recommend the Penha Longa. We will look to the Four Seasons/Ritz Carlton group for our future holidays.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura on your family holiday and taking the time to write such a detailed review on TripAdvisor.

I’m pleased you liked the resort facilities and excellent service although you state at the end that the Hilton design concept does not appeal to you. Although you rated the resort quite positively, it is clear that you didn’t enjoy the fast paced ambience and would have preferred a smaller, quieter hotel.

I can appreciate that you will be considering other hotels for your main holidays in future but hope you will not rule out Hilton entirely.

David Ecija
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
Four Seasons Vilamoura
Tivoli Marina Vilamoura
#7 of 36 in Vilamoura
4.0 of 5 stars 2,358 reviews
Vale d'Oliveiras Quinta Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!