We really loved this hotel.
It seemed to have everything that we wanted for our family. we spoke to the hotel direct and got a better deal on the room rate than with any of the package companies. We booked a Delux Plus room as we have a 10 year old and were delighted with the room. It was definitely 5 star and bigger than some junior suites that we've had. The main pool area is lovely and we didn't have a problem with sun beds on any day even though it was half term. The service of the hotel staff was fantastic. They looked and acted as though they really wanted to help. The hotel is a 5 mins and 6 euro taxi ride away from the marina. It is possible to walk but we never tried this. You can get the shuttle bus in at night but we preferred the holiday train that picked us up outside the hotel and went into the marina. I'd never been to Vilamoura before and was impressed by the Marina. There is a lot of variety of food and restaurants and it is quite lively in some bars at night. I.e live music and karaoke if you want it. This is good as the hotel is very quiet a night with just one small bar open. There is an air of sophistication about the marina;very safe and family friendly and not dominated by young English 18 year olds getting drunk which can be known in Other Southern European resorts.
My only criticism with the hotel was with the buffet restaurant. It is very expensive with not much variety. We only ate there once and we probably won't go when we go back in August as we feel the marina offers better value for money.
On our last day we received a questionnaire from the hotel asking us for feedback so they could improve things. I did have a bit of a gripe about the buffet restaurant as the hotel receptionist had said that it was the only place to eat on the night that we arrived which we later found was not true. Had we been given the choice we would have eaten in the bar. I emailed my feedback on my iPad, went and got myself an ice cream and when I got back I'd got an email from Eva Moral satisfying my gripe. Wow, you can't get better service than that!!!
We have been lucky to have stayed in some lovely 5 star hotels around the world but have never booked again to go back to any of them except this one. I think that says something!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal’s finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve