“we liked it so much that booked to go again whilst we were there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua da Torre d'Agua Lote 4.11.1B, Vilamoura 8125-615, Portugal   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €167
Ranked #4 of 35 hotels in Vilamoura
England
“we liked it so much that booked to go again whilst we were there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We really loved this hotel.
It seemed to have everything that we wanted for our family. we spoke to the hotel direct and got a better deal on the room rate than with any of the package companies. We booked a Delux Plus room as we have a 10 year old and were delighted with the room. It was definitely 5 star and bigger than some junior suites that we've had. The main pool area is lovely and we didn't have a problem with sun beds on any day even though it was half term. The service of the hotel staff was fantastic. They looked and acted as though they really wanted to help. The hotel is a 5 mins and 6 euro taxi ride away from the marina. It is possible to walk but we never tried this. You can get the shuttle bus in at night but we preferred the holiday train that picked us up outside the hotel and went into the marina. I'd never been to Vilamoura before and was impressed by the Marina. There is a lot of variety of food and restaurants and it is quite lively in some bars at night. I.e live music and karaoke if you want it. This is good as the hotel is very quiet a night with just one small bar open. There is an air of sophistication about the marina;very safe and family friendly and not dominated by young English 18 year olds getting drunk which can be known in Other Southern European resorts.

My only criticism with the hotel was with the buffet restaurant. It is very expensive with not much variety. We only ate there once and we probably won't go when we go back in August as we feel the marina offers better value for money.

On our last day we received a questionnaire from the hotel asking us for feedback so they could improve things. I did have a bit of a gripe about the buffet restaurant as the hotel receptionist had said that it was the only place to eat on the night that we arrived which we later found was not true. Had we been given the choice we would have eaten in the bar. I emailed my feedback on my iPad, went and got myself an ice cream and when I got back I'd got an email from Eva Moral satisfying my gripe. Wow, you can't get better service than that!!!

We have been lucky to have stayed in some lovely 5 star hotels around the world but have never booked again to go back to any of them except this one. I think that says something!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura and taking the time to write such a detailed review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed the resort services and facilities and that you have already booked again for August! We feel very honoured to be the only hotel you have visited which you would like to return to.

Thank you for commending our staff. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team and thank them for their continued commitment to ensuring the overall satisfaction of our guests.

Regarding the buffet restaurant experience, I regret that it was not as good as you expected and I will of course have a word with our executive chef with a view to improving the food selection. We would have preferred that you had dined in but completely respect your wish to go to the restaurants at the marina.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we’ll be looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again in August.

1,075 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great hotel would recommend to anyone thinking of going to Vilamoura on holiday. We had our young child with us and it was great to have 5 star quality and see lots of young families there too. We really felt we were looked after from check in to check out by the staff, especially Dina at the front desk. I was suprised reading other reviewers were not happy with conditions as we couldn't have had a better experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and sharing your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor.

I’m absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and couldn’t have had a better experience from start to finish! I’ll be sure to extend a special thanks to Dina for her helpfulness.

Thank you for recommending our resort and we hope to see you and your family back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights in a deluxe room. Room was massive - essentially two rooms stuck together. Lots of big pools, no issue with sun beds. Good parking, very polite staff. Good breakfast.

Very quiet at night. Just one bar. Need a car as not really in walking distance from the main Marina.

The Spa is quite expensive but is great. Must make use of the indoor pools / sauna area if you get a treatment or massage.

It's pretty expensive and it doesn't really stand out from other chain spa hotels but its still very good.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Vilamoura and sharing feedback of your recent holiday on TripAdvisor.

I’m very pleased you found the resort to be exactly as expected and that you were particularly impressed with the rooms, breakfast and spa. We pride ourselves in consistently delivering quality service and your review confirms that we are on the right track.

So thanks again for your kind comments and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Marlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is great for families, provides quality and service for adults and lives up to and exceeds the promises promoted on the website. The staff are very family friendly, the kids club is well run, has good facilities and covers a good age range. Regular transport to the marina is very welcome. Also, plenty of undercover parking, great to start your journey in a cool car!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I’m delighted that you chose to stay at the Hilton Vilamoura and truly appreciate the excellent review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you so much for acknowledging that we have succeeded in delivering on expectations and our brand promise.

This is indeed a family-friendly resort with an amazing children’s facility and dedicated staff who provide our younger guests with hours of fun activities at Paradise Island.

Thanks again for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the resort again very soon.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel was excellent value for money booked through Expedia. Staff were very polite and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Rooms very clean and reasonably spacious. One slight negative the pool area was fairly crowded with young families and sun beds difficult to get after 10.00 am. Very good shuttle service from the hotel to the beach and the Marina due to location being 30 minutes walk to the beach/marina. Overall an excellent experience and I would certainly go back on another occasion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura for your long weekend break in June and writing about it on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased that you were impressed with the resort facilities and service and that our team succeeded in providing you with an excellent experience. Your comment about the sunbeds was duly noted and steps are being taken to improve the pool setup.

Thanks again for your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here in May for 4 nights and I found the staff excellent and the room was great.

The hotels is close enough to Vilamoura without been in the heart of things, A taxi from the rank at the back of the marina never cost me more than 5 euro. The shuttle bus rang regularly in the evening and you would have to queue sometimes, but I never waited longer than 15 minutes.

Like other reviews, towel dropping is an issue at the pool, a couple placed towels on beds beside me at 11am and come back at 3pm and just handed them back in, never using the sun lounger once. I can only imagine the issues when the high season comes and I think the hotel need to enforce their own rules on this.

Poolside expect to pay 5 star prices, a can of coke & 1.5l of water costs 8.50 euro, this really is too much to pay and I actually think it serves as a disincentive for buy more. I'd reckon they would sell more if they dropped the pricing as most people made one purchase or just got what they needed from the nearby Ali Super.

The hotel provided free wifi which was great for checking emails and surfing the web, the speeds are pretty slow though, I got about 1mb download so dont think you will do any kind of serious work or stream movies over it.

Breakfast is run very efficiently considering how busy it is, the cold buffet is good, plenty of fresh fruit etc but the hot breakfast can be hit & miss depending on how long the food is sitting there.

Overall I liked this hotel and would return again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura for your short break in May and posting a review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by the accommodations and staff.

We have already been taking measures to improve the sunbed setup and I’ll be sure to address service consistency at breakfast with our executive chef. Your comments about the poolside prices have also been duly noted for future consideration.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Ive been here a few times and come back regularly. The staff are brilliant and breakfast is always top-notch. The setting is good and the Paradise Island Kids Club is another excellent service. Drinks in the bar are good but the food wouldnt be the best to be honest. Also the Hotel food in the evening is only ok. The staff cant do enough for you so this makes the stay more comfortable. The only issues I had were that there was not enough sunbeds or bathing areas available. It was the last week of May and the occupancy was high so I dont understand why that couldnt be catered for.. Also the pools are freezing, I mean freezing like ice cold. Other than that it was excellent.

Room Tip: The Cold Pools are the only thing that let this place down..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for visiting the Hilton Vilamoura on a regular basis and sharing feedback of your most recent holiday on TripAdvisor.

Guest loyalty is very important to us and we achieve this by consistently delivering high quality service and meeting expectations. Whereas we continue to impress in most services, from your less positive comments on the food and sunbeds I can see that some areas need improvement.

Regarding the pool temperature, I’m sorry for the inconvenience but unfortunately the weather has been rather unstable this spring and the pools may be colder than usual.

Again, thank you so much for your comments and I very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back again very soon.

David Ecija

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!