We've chosen this hotel for a trip to the Algarve because its location seemed very good as a base for trips by car, and has a nice spa. The location is also perfect for golfers, and I guess it's one of the best values of this hotel. However, since this hotel is equipped with a very beautiful spa, we chose it for a relaxing 3 days stay, and to make some trips to Algarve's little cities and Lisbon. The choice was really excellent.
The hotel is pretty big and is made up of several buildings, arranged in a circle surrounding the pool zone. The buildings are modern and elegant, and they deliver a nice feeling of amplitude and coziness at the same time.
The hotel has 2 restaurants and a bar. The buffet restaurant offered a great choice of quality meals, while the other restaurant offers a nice selection of more elaborate dishes à la carte.
The bar is very nice and cozy. We've spent some relaxing time there having a drink and a snack, and they're really good as well. The breakfast was served at the buffet and it had a very good choice of dishes. The only thing that I missed was some natural and fresh orange juice. This is very strange, especially when you take the car and the only thing you see in the Algarve roads are small shops selling local oranges.
The pool zone is very beautiful: the main pool is pretty big and it's surrounded by nice "waterfalls". There are bars near the pools where you can have a refreshing drink and a snack. To say the truth we didn't enjoy the pool because at the beginning of April the temperature wasn't warm enough for me to dive into an outdoor pool, nevertheless we've observed some people sunbathing and having a great time there.
I cannot review the services offered to golfers because we didn't use them. At first sight, however, it seems a great place for golfers. The hotel is next to the golf course and has got a specialised shop.
The spa was one of the main reasons why we chose this hotel, and it hasn't let us down. The spa offers a nice choice of treatments or, if you just feel like enjoying them, plain access to the pools.
The choice of typical spa services (pools, beds, saunas, etc.) is very good and the building itself is very nice. It's mainly coated with black stone and it delivers a great feeling of relax. We were surprised not only by the cleanliness of the spa, which is taken for granted, but the absolute care for detail in all the building. We absolutely spotted no imperfection whatsoever, which is admirable since plaster and wood (as found in parts of the ceilings) aren't very good at withstanding high-humidity environments. The architecture of the building and the use of the lights is very nice too.
We booked a standard room with an extra large bed, and it was very nice. The furniture was new, we had a small balcony with a table over the golf course, and a very nice bathtub where you could have a relaxing bath watching TV or listening to music (the bathroom features loudspeakers connected to the TV). The bathroom features crystal walls which also deliver an additional sense of amplitude to the room.
The personnel was outstanding and their service excellent. They've always strived to be helpful and to anticipate our needs without feeling intrusive, which is something I keep in the highest esteem.
This is a beautiful, modern and true 5 stars hotel. No matter the reason of your stay I guess this hotel will be a great choice. If you're interested in visiting the Algarve, the hotel is located in a nice city, full of restaurants and bars, and very close to the motorway. If you're a golfer, or if you're looking for a nice spa, chances are you'll find everything you need in the hotel. It certainly meets the expectations I have from a Hilton hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal’s finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve