“Great staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua da Torre d'Agua Lote 4.11.1B, Vilamoura 8125-615, Portugal   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €167
Ranked #3 of 35 hotels in Vilamoura
thurrock
“Great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We are staying at the hotel at the moment and have 3 days to go. The area is very quite with not much to do except golf and the spa. The staff in the hotel couldn't be any more helpful, I have asked their advise, got general info and they have been very polite and friendly. The hotel is having lots of wifi problems at the moment but have given free acsess in all areas to compensate.
Not sure I'd come back to this area but not because of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Vilamoura and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. As in most reviews, our staff stand out for making guests feel so well taken care of during their stay. I will make sure your feedback is shared with the team.

We apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with the WiFi service and am happy to inform that we have now completed migration to the new service provider.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Vilamoura should you decide to return to the Algarve.

1,078 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was staying at Hilton Vilamoura for one week during Eastern with a friend of mine.
Hilton had a good offer on booking.com, like 800€ for 7 days in a big room with Queen sized bed, and a big balcony and bathroom etc.
However, I'm never booking a hotel room with booking.com ever again.
To do a long story short, there was a suddent incident that resulted a big mess with my booking (it had been cancelled by mistake, but I called back immideately and the lady on the phone said that it was no problem for me to get the room back without any extra charges). Anyway, when I arrived to the hotel, the friendly gentleman, Rui, helped me to get a new room, actually the same type of room that I had made a reservation for in the beginning. However, I told him the situation of what had happened and he promised to fix the problem. The problem turned out to be harder to solve than we thoguht. I had to call booking.com to the US, the hotel fortunately paid for my phone bill. Well there was also some misunderstandings and there were many phonecalls during the first day to bookings.com. In the end of the day, thanks to the hotel and their friendly and VERY helpful staff, I was able to stay in the hotel, the same room, and without any extra payments (bookings.com told me I should pay for that room once again because it was cancelled once etc.).

Once again, the staff, and especially the men by the reception were among the best employees in a hotel I've ever met by far! So a big thanks to them!

The hotel itself was very nice and clean. Food was okay. The spa building with swimmingpools and massages, treatments etc. was very nice. One big plus was that the golf courses were next to the hotel, as I am a golfer myself.
Portugal and Vilamoura was nice indeed and I will go back for sure. And if I will stay in Vilamoura, it will definitely be at Hilton!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonVilamoura, Director of Operations at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having written a review about your stay at our hotel in April this year. I was very happy to read that our staff made the difference during your visit.

I have shared your positive comments with the entire team and especially with Rui from the reception team. I am glad he was able to help you solve the unpredicted incident that occured with your reservation being cancelled.

As you rightfully mentioned, the hotel is perfectly located within a small distance of five golf courses in Vilamoura and one of them being on our back door step. Therefore I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next golf trip to the Hilton Vilamoura.

Happy New Year!

Lars Sammelius
Director of Operations
Brownsville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Having traveled a bit as a Hilton Grand Vacations member, I have become accustomed to the Hilton resorts being beautiful places that are very appealing to the eye. Truly this is one of those. However, what impressed me more was the staff. From the time we arrived, it became clear that the staff was a cut above in terms of genuine helpfulness. During the 10 days we were there, our conversations among ourselves invariably included how accommodating and friendly those who worked there were to us. In addition, because we did not speak Portuguese, I had concerns about communicating. This fear was allayed quite quickly and in fact, we found that even though our language skills were lacking, those of the staff were not. Truly appreciated from us.
While my tendency would be to list the names of those in particular that were so helpful, I will not because I fear omitting someone and in addition, there were many who would be worth mentioning but I did not know their names. Suffice to say that the staff made our stay just more enjoyable.
One last thing, I came to the Algarve from the USA blindly, not really knowing anything about Portugal. I found Portugal, the Algarve in particular, to be a beautfiul country rich in history and breathtaking in landscape. I cannot say enough good about the people I encountered. Genuinely warm, kind and helpful; passionate about their country and eager to assist, the Portuguese people impressed me so much that I wish to express my thanks to them and encourage others to consider travel there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

It is with absolute pleasure to read your recent Tripadvisor posting about our hotel. I have shared your most positive comments about the helpfullness of our staff with the entire team.

Your comments about the Algarve and Portugal are very true, and I can not agree more with your experience about the people and the landscapes in the Algarve.

Once again thank you for taking the time to comment about the hotel and the Algarve and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. On behalf of the entire team, I wish you a Happy New Year!

Warm regards,

Lars Sammelius
Director of Operations
Middlesborough, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was staying at the Hilton Vilamoura for a week, I was alone and just having a chill out with some golf thrown in. It was off season so the hotel was quiet as was the location in general.
The hotel was clean and tidy, the staff were absolutely lovely and my room was excellent. My only complaint would be about the prices and the things charged for, the drinks and food were quite expensive compared to what was availble in town and the fact I was paying about 4Euro for small bottles of water was a little OTT. In general though the hotel was great with a flexible minibus service into town on an evening, and good facilities on site in general. There are several golf courses very nearby, the ones I tried were excellent and playing after 12:30 meant i got a discount, even better!!
I will definitely come back again, maybe a little closer to the season next time for a bit more "buzz".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Your review on TripAdvisor is very much appreciated. I’m delighted that you enjoyed a relaxing holiday while setting some time aside to take to the fairways. We really are privileged to be surrounded by golf courses and just a short distance from the centre of town and the beach.

I’m pleased you liked the hotel services and facilities as well as the friendly staff. I have also taken note of your comments regarding the price of food and beverages to be taken under consideration in our future improvement plans.

Thank you for visiting our resort and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Vilamoura again very soon.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The biggest complement I can always give to a hotel, is if I would spend my money and go there again. On that basis, I would recommend the Vilamoura. The Hilton is a trusted name, and although I have experienced a variety of standards at Hiltons, this one would come close to the top of the list. The facilities are very good, staff are welcoming, and the swimming pool is very nice. Lots of plus points, with the standards very high. The food is also very great, albeit a slightly bigger menu with a little more variety would have benefited the hotel. Finally, the facilities for children are very good. Grip points -

(1) Temperature of the main swimming pool was very cold (we went in May). I didn't want my 2 daughters to go in for a long time.
(2) Could do with a bigger menu and more variety on the food front. We went for 7 nights, and by the end of the week we really needed a change in food type.
(3) Not much on offer within walking distance. You can grab a taxi to the local beach, but the nearest supermarket is 10-15 mins walk.

The rooms were very good, and they had apartments with kitchen which was great for the kids.

All in all, it was very solid.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very honoured to have earned the highest compliment you could have given us by recommending our resort and ranking it at the top of your list of Hilton hotels. Nothing means more to us than the trust and loyalty of our valued guests.

I am delighted that we lived up to your expectations of Hilton standards, from friendly staff to great facilities, especially the accommodations and pools. I’ve also shared your comments on the pool temperature and food variety with the relevant managers for improvement and fine tuning.

On behalf of the entire Team at the Hilton Vilamoura, please accept our heartfelt gratitude and we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Huizen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

By (lucky) coincidence we stayed in the Hilton Vilamoura twice in a short period: the first time end October, the second stay early in November.

First of all: the premises are fine. Nice surroundings, good swimming pool, garden well taken care of - plantation even somewhat overdone. The lobby, restaurant and bar are spacious. And everything is well maintained and clean.
The same goes for the rooms: good bed, nice bath and separate shower, very clean.
Breakfast is very close to our idea of perfection: very attentive and helpful staff, complete choice of food and drinks, always presented and restocked before you even could ask.
Detail: in the restaurant we could have dinner only from a buffet; no menu or choice à la carte. So we were directed to the bar, where we had a very fine club sandwich.

So everything for a 5*-rating was there. BUT:
For our first stay we were allocated a sort of corner room. Not very large, with only one chair: so one of us had to sit on the bed.
Less than a week after that we had a different type of room: bigger, more spacious, with a considerable larger bathroom and two chairs.
Our analysis: we discovered that the first time we were tucked away in a single room, for the same rate as the second stay. Pity and not a very nice gesture of mr Hilton.
And that treatment – combined with the fact that there is no free wi-fi - causes a 4*-rating only for this further excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Don't accept a 'corner'-room close to elevator with only one chair as a double !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for staying twice at the Hilton Vilamoura and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I understand that we just missed the excellent rating due to the room allocation during the first stay and the charge for WiFi but overall, I’m pleased you were impressed by the cleanliness and upkeep of the facilities, room amenities, the perfect breakfast experience and helpfulness of the staff.

With regard to room allocation, I would like to clarify that the hotel has no single rooms. There are only three rooms with a slightly different layout from all our other double rooms. On your first stay, you must have been allocated one of those 3. Regarding the internet service, I’m pleased to say that it shouldn’t be long now before we have the new offers in place.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you both back again very soon for an excellent holiday experience.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Went for a quiet holiday to chill out. kThe hotel is a bit out the way, about a 25 min walk to the marina area. Staff were good and informative, room was beautiful with comfy bed and cleaned daily, facilities pool spa etc were excellent, food was good tho a bit cold at times, not much entertainment probably due to being out of season.

• Stayed October 2012
HiltonVilamoura, General Manager at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Vilamoura for your quiet October break and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted you enjoyed our services and facilities even though you thought the hotel was out of the way.

I’ve passed on your comments about the food and entertainment to the relevant managers for follow up and improvement in order to ensure consistency in quality and service.

Thanks again for your truly valuable comments and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the resort again very soon.

David Ecija

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!