Stayed at the Hilton for 9 nights at the end of May and, overall, it was a pleasant experience. Lots of positives but the odd negative. Rooms are modern, clean and functional, and much better than many 5 star hotels where rooms really need updating. The staff were excellent and a real credit to the hotel. If like me you like nice wines, and are partial to a nice single malt, brandy or port, you will not be disappointed as the bar stocks a very good selection of drinks. Expect to pay your typical 5 star price for drinks - if you don't want to, don't stay in a 5 star hotel!
The hotel catered well for young children and there was plenty to keep them occupied. The free shuttle bus to the marina was also helpful. The marina is not quite the stunning paradise I had been told it was. Some impressive boats but when you've seen one 2 million pound yacht, you've seen them all!! A mix of very good restaurants, some not so good ones, the usual sportsmans bars and a strip club just off the main square.
The negatives - well the main one was the quality and choice of food. The breakfast was good and lunchtime meals were reasonable. However, we found the evening meals to be disappointing. Certainly not what you expect of a 5 star hotel and simply not in the same league as a couple of all inclusive hotels we have stayed at in Turkey who cooked on a much larger scale; the Hilton only has 150 rooms not 450. On a positive note, half board vouchers can be used at lunchtime which we took advantage of on four days, eating down at the marina in the evening. The air conditioning was barely adequate in our room for the end of May and would not cope well with mid August I fear.
Finally, the Hilton always seemed to have its commercial hat on and did not have some of the nicer touches that often come with staying at small family run establishments. That said, it is a very good hotel but not a world beater.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a fabulous spa weekend, enjoy a fun-filled family holiday, or experience the perfect golfing break at the award-winning Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa, one of the leading family-friendly Algarve hotels. This attractive, modern Algarve hotel is situated in five acres of glorious manicured gardens in the heart of the sun-kissed Algarve, Portugal. Set amid the lush greenery of some of Portugal's finest golf courses, the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is replete with distinctive Moorish architecture, spectacular covered and outdoor pools and glorious cascading waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort And Spa
- Hilton International Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Hilton
- Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa Portugal - Algarve