My wife and I have just returned from a short break in Vilamoura. We chose this resort based on Tripadvisor's ranking.
The good points of this resort include:
Lovely grounds and surroundings with excellent service. There are three nice pools, one of which is an artificial beach. Pool towels are provided and there are rules which do not allow guests to hog sun loungers with their towels. Ball games and inflatables are prohibited in the hotel pools. Every member of staff speaks English and is on hand to help the guests. Breakfast buffet offers plenty of choice. The room is spacious and the bed comfortable.
The aforementioned rules for the pools are NOT enforced. In fact, all of them are ignored by guests. This resort is not really for couples but more for families instead. Considering that we paid a little bit extra for a deluxe 'sea view' room, there was not much of a sea view at all! We faced the pool area instead. The room's fitting is beginning to look dated. Bathroom fittings suffer from damp and the toiletries provided do not match 5 star standards. Over breakfast, the staff were circling over us constantly to remove our plates, often before we have even finished our breakfast. We found that quite annoying.
The beach is a stone throw away but the hotel no longer has any arrangement for their guests to have complimentary use of umbrella and sun beds. A full day costs 17 euros.
Having considered the menus on offer, we never ate on site but chose to venture out instead. Prices are comparable to the nearby marina. Unfortunately, we found Vilamoura generally soulless, contrived and way overpriced. We enjoyed the holiday but it is safe to say the experience fell short of our expectations of the five star rating.
When compared with other hotels in the area (Tivoli Marina and Crowne Plaza which are outdated tower blocks), there is no doubt the Blue and Green Lake Spa resort is relatively decent.
- Also Known As:
- Blue And Green The Lake Spa Resort
- Blue & Green The Lake Hotel
- Blue & Green The Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Lake Hotel Vilamoura
- Lake Resort
- Lake Resort Vilamoura
- The Lake Resort
- Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five Star luxury resort with 192 rooms offering private balconies, with panoramic views over the marina of Vilamoura, Falésia beach or the private lake. Sports and leisure facilities include extensive gardens, three restaurants, two bars, a Spa with an indoor treatment pool and a Fitness Centre. It also has three outdoor pools, one of which has a natural sand bottom (the first in Europe), Koala Kids Club, Library, Boutique and free covered parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Blue & Green The Lake Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.