“Very friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albergaria Parque Das Laranjeiras

Save Saved
You added Albergaria Parque Das Laranjeiras to your Saves list
Albergaria Parque Das Laranjeiras
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Estrada Nacional 125 - Benfarras | Quarteira, Vilamoura 8125-017, Portugal   |
Ranked #14 of 35 hotels in Vilamoura
Kildare, Ireland
“Very friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just back from Villamoura after attending a family wedding. Stayed here for 5 days and really enjoyed the experience. The owner Edita and her staff were so welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was excellent and overall value was great. As other reviewers have said, you will need a car but I'd recommend a car anyway to make the most of your visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Quarteira, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been there twice for Brunch on Sundays (11-16h) and boths times there was more then enough food. All fresh and very nice decorated. The price is unbeatable with €13,50 p.p.!! The service is very good and helpful. Sure will be there soon again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Porto/Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the kind of hotel for business stays, in particular because of its location: right on the main Algarve road, and therefore, is easy to go to any nearby city or village. But if you want a place for holidays, it is not the place at all. It’s far away from the see and the surrounds are horrible with traffic all day long and ugly landscapes. I stayed here only for one night with my youngest daughter that should go in the next day to the Loulé gymnastics championships. I was expecting and looking forward for a comfortable room with a nice breakfast after a 550 km trip from Porto (and before a championship) and I didn’t get any of that. The room was gloomy, very small and old, with stains on the curtains, damage bathroom also with moisture stains on the walls. Not a 3-4 stars hotel room! Not even a one! Unfortunately, my poor little girl fell asleep almost immediately on the bed and she didn’t really give me time to even think to ask for another room. In the next day I complained to the front desk and just a “I’m sorry” was told by the only member of the staff that could be seen their at that hour (7:50 am). What really bothers me more is that the hotel was not even close to be full and so I don’t understand why to put a costumer in such uncomfortable position, of feeling the need to ask for a better room (that I’m pretty sure there was). The breakfast also didn’t work as expected as it would only be open at 8:30 am (?!). The hotel did put some basics on the table at 7:30 for us to have breakfast but it is unbelievable that was only open so late!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The first thing is that the stuff are very friendly and helpful. It takes 5-10 minutes by car to go to the beaches, so the location is quite nice if you have a car. The rooms are really really nice, clean and comfortable. I can say that the best hotel I have been in such a price. I stayed with my wife for 4 nights. I really recommend you all to go and try this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The owner is a lovely woman, very friendly, she also offered us 3 generous samples of some local digestive. It was nice coming back home at night and find her smiling at us.
Location is not a problem if you rent a car or a scooter. I think a scooter is much better especially in high season when parking can be a big problem. With no mean of transport, the hotel is too far from the Marina and the beaches.
Breakfast is good, muesli or cereals with yoghurt, local biscuits, some pastries, 2 different types of bread, plus local jam (the tomatoes & cinnamon one is lovely!!). Cakes (lemon & almond). 1 type of cheese and 3 types of salami. Fruit salad. Pity that there are no eggs.
We had a room on the second floor, even if the hotel is close to the railway station, there isn't too much noise.
The only MASSIVE problem we had were the ants in the bedroom and at some point on our bed. We followed the advice not to bring/eat any food in there (they even gave us a card specifying the risk of ants), but when we entered the room the first night I could already see some ants in the bathroom. We complained the day after and they sent someone to take care of the situation... a cleaning lady with an insecticide. The second night it was a nightmare, the ants were on the and we slept really badly. When we complained again, they sent the cleaning lady again and she gave us the insecticide and we sprayed it everywhere (something that they should have done it really, possibly cleaning the room every day in that way). We also pushed the bed away from the wall. We though the ants were coming from behind that wall. The cleaning lady left the insecticide in the room with us and we were using it every night as a precaution. The third night we could sleep well.
They tried to explain the ant problem saying that this is nature, but there are hotels in the countryside and they are not full of ants! So, no excuse there, just try your best to keep them away.
Not sure I would go back there nor if I could recommend it to someone else, of course I would have to mention the possibility of a night with ants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Heerlen, the Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

We visited this hotel for the 4th time. We always went there in winter times. In this period prices are great and the hotel is very quiet. The first time we choose the Albergaria because of the location and the free internet. Now we are so satified with the staff, the rooms, the location and amenities that we go back every year. The only down side is the breakfast: it is very simple and the same for 4 years now.
We visited the hotel in July for a few drinks and the children used the pool, which was great.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Coimbra,Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

If you go to Vilamoura in the Algarve and are looking for a place to stay, this is a great choice.
Of course it isn't a hotel, it's an Inn, but that has some advantages: the atmosphere is almost familiar and the decoration is extremely nice and unique.
The rooms are nice and recently renovated and the beds are new and confortable.
Although Parque das Laranjeiras is situated near the railway, that did not spoiled my stay as during the night I didn't hear any train going by and during the day, with your balcony doors closed, you don't notice it.
The staff was very friendly and nice and the rooms were clean.
Breakfast is varied and very tastefully.
To sum up, I would recommend Parque das Laranjeiras for a stay in the Algarve; from here, you can visit all of the Algarve.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Albergaria Parque Das Laranjeiras? Share your experiences!