returned last week from a 10 day break here with my husband and 2 children aged 10 and 2. had a fantastic holiday. the hotel is in a lovely setting and the grounds are spacious . lots of room for the kids to run around. the hotel is a little isolated- although a free mini bus runs from the hotel to villamoura and back 3 times a day. most of the staff were very kind- especially to my 2 year old who ran about like a mad woman, wanting to get up and dance and sing every evening with the entertainment.
i found joao particularly helpful, and the manager regularly talked to the guests to see if there was anything that could be improved upon. my only problem was with the pool bar staff who i found to be very rude and unhelpful. i went back to it only once to test whether i had been unduly harsh in my first encounter with them. i hadn't. the pool bar staff are hopeless.
we used the lovely indoor pool every day as it was quiet, and afforded cover from the sun. the kids club was great- it is for 4-12 year olds. they had no difficulty with me bringing our youngest every day for an hour or two so long as i stayed with her- and she really enjoyed playing with buckets of water, dancing and colouring in.
the boys in the family used the driving range several times, and really enjoyed it.
we found the food to be great - great selection , fresh and well cooked.
there is a games room and a couple of pool tables. this is a great hotel for people with young children and older couples seeking to relax. teenagers might find it a little too quiet for them.
there was entertainment every night- the kids loved the animal show.
we ate in vilamoura only one evening- in a little restaurant hidden in a square off the main marina area called A Broa. it was a family run restaurant- very friendly and great food. my husband devoured the suckling pig, and i chose the chicken and chorizo kebab. very tasty. my 2 year old refused to eat anything that evening , largely due to the heat, and i asked the waitress could she have some fresh bread instead. the staff ran out to the local bakery and came back with a selection of fresh bread / rolls in a little warming bag. great service.
we went to zoomarine again for the 3rd time. cant beat it- it's a great day out for the family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Vila Sol is located 5 minutes from Vilamoura and a 10 minutes ride to Marina de Vilamoura and the beaches. It has a 27 hole golf course, extensive green areas, fountains and small lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Vila Sol Golf & Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf And Resort Hotel
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Vila Sol Hotel
- Vila Sol Resort
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf & Resort Hotel Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve