We just got back from the hotel/resort and can say that it was just perfect! We stayed for seven nights in a premium room which are in the hotel and really convenient for families....with one child who can easily fit in the room with parents....although garden suites look nice some were a little walk from the restaurant. The rooms 305, 306, 307,308 and 405 etc have lovely views from balconies over the lake and the golf course. Balconies have a nice table and chairs and two lovely sun loungers. Everything was really clean and well kept.
Pool was wonderful and very refreshing and children LOVED the waterfalls and shallow children's pool - good for all little folks.
Kids Club was fab too - with a full programme and lovely ladies - lots of cuddles and fun times! My daughter kept wanting to go back day after day...all free and just turn up and stay. Pool games at 5.00 - 6.00 each night were a real hit with all children.
Food is as the reviews say excellent - we emailed hotel to organise half board which wasn't an option with the travel agent - which the hotel did directly for €25 per person per night for a minimum of three nights but my daughter was free for food so it was a good option - large choice and lovely surroundings - staff at restaurant really attentive from morning to night. I'm very picky and I couldn't find fault with restaurant food or service. The golf club also offers options for dinner with a wonderful patio and great views of the golf course - you don't need to book for this but can just turn up and can include it in HB if you decide to go that way.
We enjoyed taking the hotel transport to the beach at 10.00 and then back on the 14.00 transport to the hotel - they drop off and pick up at both the beach and marina to suit what you are planning to do the beach is wonderful though - golden sand and really well organised. You need to book free transport via the reception desk in the morning.
Hotel entertainment just right for young family - singers, flamenco dancers etc. but couples would probably go out to marina as it is quite low key - perfect for us. Taxis from marina to hotel are around €9 earlyish evening and you just join the queue for taxis on the inland side of the casino at the taxi rank - don't give up hope though as taxis do come past.....
It really was a combination of all our best holidays - with the shuttle bus journey to the beach and marina offering a bit of variety from the ordinary beach resort holiday. Will like so many people we met be back again next year and would recommend it to any family!
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf Hotel
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf And Resort Hotel
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Vila Sol Hotel
- Vila Sol Resort
- Vila Sol
- Pestana Vila Sol Golf & Resort Hotel Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pestana Vila Sol is located 5 minutes from Vilamoura and a 10 minutes ride to Marina de Vilamoura and the beaches. It has a 27 hole golf course, extensive green areas, fountains and small lakes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Vila Sol Golf & Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.