I stayed in a one bedroom apartment here in the last week in October, just to get away from the atrocious weather at home for a bit.
The apartment itself was clean and spacious, with a large south-facing balcony and a well-equipped kitchen (oven, four-ring hob, electric kettle, toaster, pots, delph, cutlery etc, as well as a full-size fridge-freezer, but no microwave). It isn't air-conditioned, so I'd say it gets quite hot in the summer, although all the windows open. The windows aren't exactly secure and I wouldn't leave valuables lying around, although I didn't notice dodgy characters hanging around or anything.
The apartment was quite dated, including the furniture - probably fabulous when built but I think that was a few decades ago. This carries through to the whole complex, which has a kind of neglected air - but at the prices they charge for staying this isn't surprising. You can't expect to pay rock-bottom rates to stay in a palace. If they could just give the apartments/villas a lick of paint every so often and tend the gardens a bit better it'd be perfect. The pool looks fine with plenty of sunbeds and a bar/cafe beside it, but the weather was a bit cool so I didn't use it. Personally I was perfectly happy with the accommodation and the complex.
The location is also grand, but it's not far short of 2km from Vilamoura and the marina, although there is a scheduled bus route there and a bus stop directly outside the complex. It's probably a half-hour walk to the marina if you've no car - 8 minutes if you have. I'd recommend hiring a car - it's cheap to do so, there's plenty of free parking in Vilamoura, and it gives you the freedom to venture further afield for a day or two if you want. Vilamoura itself was nice, but almost deserted, although everything was still open - late October is probably too late to go if you're looking for a bit of a buzz (it might also be due to the recession, of course). I reckon September would be the perfect time. You're also not too far from some good beaches if that's your thing.
In short, I'd definitely return here and am happy to recommend it, but you need to hire a car to make the most of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prado do Golf offers guests a relaxed and calm base for a self catering holiday, ideally located in a peaceful corner of the stunning resort of Vilamoura, Algarve. Families, sports club groups, couples and independent travellers all agree that the quiet and pleasant surroundings, alongside the value for money ensure Prado do Golf is a popular alternative to booking into a larger hotel. Prado do Golf has 44 units of one and two bedroom apartments and villas (standard and deluxe) with off road parking, that are spread amongst the attractively maintained gardens. The heart of the complex is the large communal pool (not heated) with surrounding terrace and sun beds, besides which the bar and bistro terrace offers alternative areas to enjoy the sunshine and extended balmy evenings. This social and secure area is a sheltered haven for sunbathers and where parents can easily keep an eye on their children as they play and make new friends. Prado do Golf has a local bus stop outside the entrance for convenient transportation around Vilamoura, popular with those who do not wish to hire a car. At Prado do Golf, Vilamoura guests choose between one or two bedroom apartments and villas, the apartments are in blocks of 4 with 2 on the ground floor and 2 on the 1st floor. Those with restricted mobility are advised to inform staff at the time of booking to enquire about availability of the ground floor units for their convenience. The standard apartments and villas offer basic, comfortable, spacious open plan, value for money holiday accommodation, with plenty of space in the living areas for families and well equipped for self catering. Each apartment and villa offers:•1 or 2 Spacious bedrooms with twin beds and fitted wardrobes with drawers•Bathroom with a bath with a shower, bidet, toilet & sink•A well equipped kitchen including oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, crockery and utensils•A generous open plan lounge/dining room with defined areas including dining table and chairs and relaxed seating to enjoy the cable TV•A private sun terrace or balcony outside opens through sliding doors from the lounge, with table and chairs. Additional features include:•A safety deposit box (2 euros per day)•Full length mirrors in the bedrooms•Hair drier•Ironing board and iron•Shutters on the windows•Maid service is twice a week, change of towels mid week (pool/beach towels are not provided), change of linen (more than 7 nights). Some guests prefer to upgrade their holiday and spend a little more to secure one of the deluxe apartments or villas which offer more contemporary furnishings with the added luxuries and convenience of: air conditioning, microwave, dishwasher. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Prado do Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prado Do Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Do Hotel
- Prado Do Resort
- Prado Do Golf Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve