I stayed recently in Prado Villas with family. It's very like it's sister resort, Prado do Golf, where I've also stayed several times. Like Prado do Golf, the villas are quite dated, with pick-and-mix fixtures and fittings, and there always seem to be several random bulbs not working inside. The complex also doesn't have a restaurant on site and is very dark at night (especially on the golf-course side). BUT Prado Villas is better located (about 20 minutes nearer the marina on foot) and unlike do Golf, each villa has an en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower (as distinct from one over the bath) which was much more suitable for my elderly parents.
The accommodation is spacious, with sitting room, kitchen, dining area, patio area outside, and large bedrooms with comfy beds. What really makes a big difference, though, is the new air conditioning. There's a conditioner in each bedroom and also the main room, it's easy to use and very effective. It was unseasonably warm when we were there and it was really great to have this facility.
If you're like your luxuries, consider elsewhere. Same if you don't like or are allergic to cats (I counted 11). But the complex is quiet, Vilamoura is great and the price for a week's stay in mid-October in Prado Villas was just outstanding. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prado Villas is a small, private development of 18 well appointed two bedroom linked villas, ideal for those seeking a self catering holiday in Vilamoura. The villas are set out in extensive grounds, with the communal swimming pool (unheated) and its large terrace area at the heart of the complex and framed by landscaped gardens. With only 18 villas, guests are ensured that their stay will be quiet, relaxed and free from the noise and disruptions of larger resorts. Located at the end of a cul de sac and bordering the 13th Fairway of the Old Course the tranquility of Prado Villas is retained even in the busier summer months. Each villa offers:•2 spacious bedrooms with twin beds with fitted wardrobes and drawers•One en suite shower room and a separate bathroom with a bath/shower, bidet, toilet & sink•A well equipped kitchen including oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, crockery and utensils•A generous open plan lounge/dining room with defined areas including dining table and chairs and relaxed seating•A private sun terrace through sliding doors from the lounge, with table and chairs. Additional features include:•Satellite TV•A safety deposit box (2 euros per day)•Full length mirrors in the bedrooms•Hair drier•Ironing board and iron•Shutters on the windows•Maid service is twice a week, change of towels mid week (pool/beach towels are not provided), change of linen (more than 7 nights). Our friendly reception team will endeavour to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible and are able to assist with all requests including:•Booking airport transfers•Booking taxis, car hire and bicycle hire•Booking of green fees across the Algarve with up to a 30% discount•Organisation of excursions•Local information, advice and assistance. Within walking distance or a short drive away:•Falesia Beach and the Marina (Central Vilamoura)•Old Course, Pinhal, Laguna & Millennium Golf Courses•Brown’s Sports & Leisure Centre (promotional rates available)•Health Spa•Family Golf Park (Mini Golf)•Lawn Bowling•Horse riding•Nature Reserve•Water Sports & boat trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Prado Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prado Villas Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Resort Vilamoura
- Prado Villas Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve