We stayed at the prado villas from 27 July to the 07 August this year 2013 and had a very relaxing holiday.We had booked two villas as we were travelling with another couple and both were poolside.
The villas are huge with two bedrooms one being en suite and had everything you needed for self catering however they are suffering from the lack of maintenance with ill fitting doors and very dated.The pool area was never crowded and plenty of sunbeds at any time of the day but the most enjoyable thing was the utter peace and quiet with no pool bar or any distractions.
The weather was very hot and we did suffer a few nights due to no air con or fans but with the windows open and the shutters locked it remained fairly cool most nights.
The nearest shop was a good 15 minute walk and the marina at least 30 minute but the taxi was on average around 5 euro so we were able to do a big shop at Jeffers supermarket and loaded the taxi to the brim which meant we only had to carry small amounts for the rest of our stay.
The marina was lovely and we ate at parkeys bar most nights as the food was great and reasonably priced but there is plenty to choose from.
If you want to escape the world for a while the prado villas is ideal but expect to do a lot of walking to get around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prado Villas is a small, private development of 18 well appointed two bedroom linked villas, ideal for those seeking a self catering holiday in Vilamoura. The villas are set out in extensive grounds, with the communal swimming pool (unheated) and its large terrace area at the heart of the complex and framed by landscaped gardens. With only 18 villas, guests are ensured that their stay will be quiet, relaxed and free from the noise and disruptions of larger resorts. Located at the end of a cul de sac and bordering the 13th Fairway of the Old Course the tranquility of Prado Villas is retained even in the busier summer months. Each villa offers:•2 spacious bedrooms with twin beds with fitted wardrobes and drawers•One en suite shower room and a separate bathroom with a bath/shower, bidet, toilet & sink•A well equipped kitchen including oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, crockery and utensils•A generous open plan lounge/dining room with defined areas including dining table and chairs and relaxed seating•A private sun terrace through sliding doors from the lounge, with table and chairs. Additional features include:•Satellite TV•A safety deposit box (2 euros per day)•Full length mirrors in the bedrooms•Hair drier•Ironing board and iron•Shutters on the windows•Maid service is twice a week, change of towels mid week (pool/beach towels are not provided), change of linen (more than 7 nights). Our friendly reception team will endeavour to ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible and are able to assist with all requests including:•Booking airport transfers•Booking taxis, car hire and bicycle hire•Booking of green fees across the Algarve with up to a 30% discount•Organisation of excursions•Local information, advice and assistance. Within walking distance or a short drive away:•Falesia Beach and the Marina (Central Vilamoura)•Old Course, Pinhal, Laguna & Millennium Golf Courses•Brown’s Sports & Leisure Centre (promotional rates available)•Health Spa•Family Golf Park (Mini Golf)•Lawn Bowling•Horse riding•Nature Reserve•Water Sports & boat trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Prado Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prado Villas Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Hotel Vilamoura
- Prado Resort Vilamoura
- Prado Villas Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve