We stayed in a premium room (we were offered a complimentary upgrade because of a special occasion) - we looked around the standard room first and they are dated, but acceptable (although not 5*). Premium room overlooking the sea was lovely. The staff were attentive and helpful. The bars and restaurants are first class (although some comments re breakfast below). The indoor pool is nice and warm and the jacuzzi/steam room facilites are clean and luxurious. I'm sick at staying at hotels with cold indoor pools - so this was a real plus for us with a young child. Overall, an exceptional stay and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.
A few points I think the hotel could improve on:
- you can't make coffee in your own room without incurring a charge of two euros per cup, which we thought was unusual/disappointing;
- no free wi-fi - I really think this is something that should be included in 5* hotels these days - we're expected to keep on top of emails and the like during short breaks so this just makes it difficult;
- breakfast was good in terms of choice - just about everything you could have wanted for breakfast was available. The problem was the quality, which was lacking. It's difficult to explain but for example they had a wide range of pastries, cakes and breads but none of them were actually appealing because they were quite poor quality. The 'fresh fruit' was tinned fruit, with some honeydew melon. The hot breakfast offered hot dog sausages. The butter was frozen solid and ruined the toast. It was all there - but none of it was massively desirable. It was average and in some respects perfectly adequate - but was it a breakfast I was impressed by? No. On the last day I couldn't be bothered (and we were only there for four mornings). I explained the butter situation to a member of staff but it was still frozen solid again the next morning. They just need to stick with the same offering, but increase their spend to improve the selection. I don't want mini-stale croissants that have previously been frozen, tinned peaches, budget yogurt or hot dogs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel offers leisure and sports facilities, convention center, access to the beach and sits overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Escapio, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve