Just returned from a quick few days away with my girlfriend in Vilamoura. It was a good start, on arrival we were upgraded from a deluxe room to a suite. The room had a fantastic sea view and double balcony which we loved. The decor is modern and tasteful and I can't imagine anyone not liking it. However, on the critical side, it was a little frustrating that the only drink making facilities - a coffee machine - were chargeable. Not acceptable in a 5 star hotel.
Generally, the facilities in the complex are very good and well maintained. The pool side area is well kept, plenty of loungers and surprisingly quiet considering the number of guests in the hotel. The direct access to the beach is another perk and nice to be able to so easily move between the pool and beach.
Like so many large hotels of this type, the breakfast offers a vast choice each morning but the quality was disappointing. Having said that, it was adequate.
The Marina is a great location if you enjoy some life and vibrance to your destination. It is busy at night with shops open late and many cafes and bars to choose from. It's not cheap, but if you are happy to compromise on the Marine view you can find great food and, reasonable prices, a stones throw away.
Overall, we would recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates a lively yet safe resort with a stunning marina and lovely hotel facilities. Just one important point to avoid any disappointment - This, in our opinion, is not a 5 star hotel, it is a great 4 star in a lovely resort. Book this hotel with this approach and it will exceed your expectation. The supposed 5 star rating is the only thing that will disappoint you. We will be back soon.....
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel offers leisure and sports facilities, convention center, access to the beach and sits overlooking the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Escapio, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.