Went to Tivoli Marina Vilamoura in late Feb/early March 2013 to get away from the dreary British weather. We were lucky that the sun shone but there was a bit of a North wind so a fleece was still needed unless in a sheltered spot. On a couple of days it was warm enough to eat at one of the many outside Marina bars/restaurants for lunch but with a fleece on. Evenings were definitely inside only eating and a fleece or pullover for walking about were essential.
The Tivoli Marina does look a bit like one of those huge modern cruise ships but its location is ideal for strolling around the Marina or town with lots of choice of restaurants- most were open and we found the best (and less expensive) were tucked away in a square a hundred metres or so to the north of the Marina. (O Victoria we thought particularly good). With some of the other out of town hotels you would need a car.
The hotel is pretty big and very impressive as you walk into the reception. I was told that it was 60% full which for the time of year was pretty good-mostly golfers who disappeared during the day.
The very best part of the hotel is its staff. They were unfailingly polite and helpful. Concierge, reception, restaurant, domestic- all smiling, pleasant and helpful. No mumbles or grumbles when I asked to be moved to a south facing room-very obliging and helpful. Marvellous, and many thanks to you all.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable- great nights sleep in the huge beds-and the domestic staff did a wonderful job. Some commenters say this isnt really a 5* hotel and I would probably have to agree. The bathrooms are a bit dated and the bath/shower space is not huge with no shelf to put shampoo/body wash etc so had to perch these on the edge of the bath which meant they then slid down into the floor of the bath-a bit awkward. Also, the shower head holder was cracked so had to wrap the flexible shower hose around the grab rail. (We were in room 328- I did report this but thought you may wish to know in case nothing has been done)
The bedroom itself was OK-not bad ,not brilliant-OK! The tea maker was not great-semi boiled water also if you wanted coffee the capsules were 2 euros each-needless to say we avoided those-only two English tea bags provided per day (asked for more which we got for a day! -resorted to buying some of our own) All the lighting is energy saving which is fair enough but the bedside lights made reading for more than about ten minutes impossible-fine to have energy saving but for reading in bed something a bit better is needed. Its those touches that dont warrant the 5*.
Breakfast was on a buffet style service with a choice of Continental or cooked "full English"- very adequate selection and friendly, attentive waiter/waitress service providing as much as you want tea or coffee (good coffee!)
Had dinner in the restaurant- the only one open in the hotel at this time of year- which was as good and as competitively priced as most other places on the Marina.
My wife and I used the spa once each-would have used it more- but couldnt fit it in with the other activities we did in the area. Amy was fantastic-thanks very much Amy! Similarly priced to those near us at home.
I was told the hotel was 60% full but didnt seem like it as many of the guests were on golfing trips so werent around during the day so plenty of space in the public rooms. Not sure what it would be like in High Summer- there would be nearly 1000 guests if full and for me that would seem very crowded.
In summary we had a marvellous time at the Tivoli Marina Vilamoura, great staff, good location perfectly adequate rooms. Would definitely go there again-but not in High Summer- too hot, too crowded!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the famous Marina on one side and its own concessioned beach, Tivoli Marina Vilamoura is a reference for luxury tourism in the Algarve. A stage for large events, important meetings and the launch of new products, the congress centre of this 5-star Vilamoura hotel has a capacity for 3200 people simultaneously. The lively social and nightlife of Vilamoura attracts many local celebrities from different areas who come to enjoy the holidays and weekends of complete relaxation, where there is plenty to do such as shopping, a visit to the casino and golf. In the gardens of this resort in the Algarve, guests can pamper themselves at the Angsana Spa choosing from a vast range of invigorating treatments in the best oriental tradition and enjoy delicious delicacies in the hotel's restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Escapio, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tivoli Marina Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Hotel Vilamoura
- Vilamoura Tivoli Marina Hotel
- Tivoli Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marinotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve