“Great place to stay ...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vila Gale Marina

You added Vila Gale Marina to your Saves list
Vila Gale Marina
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida da Marina, Lote H 2, Vilamoura 8125-408, Portugal   |
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
“Great place to stay ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel , great staff , lovely food , a great holiday, thank you :) . The swiming pools are good and well maintained . The hotel is based close to the beach , which is clean and well looked after . The marina is a stines throw away , its great walk round there on a night . Plenty of great resteraunts around there .

• Stayed June 2013
VilaGaleHoteis, General Manager at Vila Gale Marina, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear guest,

We're pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and therefore hope to see you againg sometime soon.

Margarida Antunes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a lovely time in this hotel. The staff are helpful and friendly , especially the reception staff ..the breakfast was very good . especially the pancakes , but please do something about the TOASTER... There was a strange smell in reception area sometimes, like sulphur..The location could not be better. Plenty good restaurants (Mayflower on the Marina very good ,but they sometimes FORGET to give you back your change).O"Neills pub on the Marina have lively music every night also O"Sheas on the steps .. The Tempo on 2nd level also good restaurant .. Short stroll back to hotel from most places ... Would definitly stay here again .

Room Tip: High floors best views .Evening sun right side facing Marina .
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We're very please that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel, and about the toaster, we are already thinking about the best solution for it.

Hope to see you soon,
Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just got back after spending 10 days at the Vila Gale Marina Hotel in Portugal. Initially we tried to book into the Tivoli but could not get the dates we wanted. We booked into the Vila Gale and I have to say we were not disappointed. Although rated a 4 star I will say that the Staff alone made this a 5 star for me. The moment we entered the Hotel we were greeted by a young girl called Patricia and she could not have been more pleasant , helpful and really made us feel welcome. Our room on the 4th floor was immaculate and spacious and had the most fantastic views. All the Staff were fantastic and I would like to mention in particular the front of house Staff, Catia, Patricia, Nelia, Andre and Nuno. This is not to say the other staff were not equally as great, I did not get all their names. Nothing was a problem for any of the staff and they could not have been more helpful.

We were on a bed and breakfast basis and I found the breakfast really good. Plenty of choice and of very good quality. We had lunch during the day by the pool and that was also very good but we never ate dinner there, so I cannot comment on that. The only reason we didn't have dinner there was that we had a lot of family staying in Vilamoura and we would all meet up for dinner. The pool area was really clean and there were plenty of beds for everyone. Fresh towels were provided for the pool area if required. The location was perfect just a few meters from the marina. When we first drove up to the hotel and entered from what appeared to be the back of the Hotel, my heart sank a little as it seemed a little odd to enter the hotel from the back. Whoever the architect was , he got it right as the design of the hotel allows all rooms to have a view of the sea and marina. The only downfall I found was the design of the lobby. The interior looked a little like a cafe with the small tables and chairs but that's just me, that's the only negative criticism I have. Safes were in the room and you could purchase the lock and key from reception for a small fee. There was also a fridge in the room which was really handy. The Hotel was quiet at night time so we got a great nights sleep and the beds were very comfortable.

Overall I had a great time and can't understand how some people found the staff unpleasant cause I thought they were great. I've always found that if you smile people will smile back. Would like to put in a special mention to the lady who cleaned our room everyday THANK YOU and a BIG THANK YOU to all the Staff. RECEPTION STAFF, BAR STAFF, POOL STAFF, CLEANING LADIES AND GENTS, BREAKFAST STAFF OH AND THE CHIEFS THANK YOU ALL. I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

.. and we also thank you for your review and it's with a big smile to see how much you enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you again soon,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed in the Vila Gale Marina in mid April on a bed and breakfast basis.
The hotel was fairly quiet with the majority of clients being groups of males on golfing trips.
Our room was on the 8th floor overlooking the marina. The view was amazing. The room itself was spacious and clean. Bathroom was a good size with a powerful shower.
Breakfast was a buffet in the restaurant. There was a huge choice of cooked and continental breakfast items, all were good quality.
We travelled with our three year old son. The pool area was more set up for adults. However, we were able to use the sister hotels facilities, a two minute walk away, which had a great kids pool.
If you are travelling with children I would suggest going to the sister property. If you are a couple or group of friends this place is great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the marina
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are please to know that you enjoyed you're staying in our Hotel and the facilities of our "twin" Hotel.

Hope to see you again in one of our Hotels,

Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed for 1week from 30th May, location excellent, room 6th floor excellent view of Marina, room clean and comfortable, but do not think you should pay 2.50 euros a day for lock for safe. Good to have fridge( handily for mini bottles of wine !) hotel quiet not kept awake by noise , breakfast excellent with lots of choice dinner good but pasta and chips always cold. Pool Cold but always sun beds, drinks and wine not expensive, not a lot in town other than marina excellent restaurants inc fab Italian. Seemed a lot to do with kids, mini golf 10 mins from hotel was gd, if you want to go to gypsy market on Wednesday need to get taxi as too far to walk. Great relaxing holiday

Dear guest

We're pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel, and therefore hope to see you again some time soon.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have just spent a week in the Vila Gale Marina with my mother (68) and thought it was an excellent hotel. This is the 3rd hotel in this chain that we have stayed at so we knew the kind of service/standards to expect. The staff were always friendly and helpful (especially the reception staff who helped me with my transport organisation). After reading the review below i agree that there was a man who seemed rather fed up of his job...he actually told my mum off for not drinking all of her coffee!?! But dont let one man ruin it. The one annoying thing about the breakfast was the toaster - it took forever to toast and the room always smelt of burning bread as people got fed up and walked away whilst making toast. Maybe a more efficient toaster would be beneficial. The food at the pool bar was nice and good value for money.
We found our room to be clean, spacious and exactly what we needed. It was located near to a lift so there was too much walking for my mum who suffers with her joints. The beds were comfy, the shower was powerful and the TV has lots of English channels too. The only downside to the room was that there wasnt a plug near a mirror which made it difficult to plug my straighteners in - no big deal :-)
The area is lovely and near to shops, bars and restaurants. However i would definately recommend booking half board as we only had bed and breakfast and some of the restaurants were a little pricey (being an upmarket place). We ended up eating a McDonalds one night which is just up the road and buying bread and cheese from the supermarket and making our own picnic style dinner.
I found the pool area to be clean and plenty of sunbeds. Also very quiet, considering the hotel is on a main road there is plenty of privacy too. There was very little entertainment on at this hotel which we were kind of glad of as we normally find our own entertainment. I would reccomend taking a walk around the area (or even getting on a little train that takes you around the town). There were lots of restaurants/bars/shops that we didnt know were there at first.
Overall i would highly recommend this hotel, but maybe for those looking for a more relaxing holiday. If you are looking for action packed thrills, or have children i would look elsewhere. I will be going back next year :-)

Room Tip: We were placed on the 'sunny side' of the hotel but the balcony never saw any sun so dont pa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

It's great to how much you enjoyed your break in our Hotel. We took every opinion in your review and we will definitely work to make the experience even better.

Hope to see you soon again,

Margarida Antunes.
Dromore, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Vila Gale Marina for 10 nights from 26th May until 5th June. We chose this hotel after reading many good reviews on trip advisor, as Vilamoura would be a more up market resort I expected the hotel to be of high standards. First impressions seemed fine although staff in check in were not that pleasant. The hotel has a nice bright lobby and pool area with an outdoor hot tub, the pool is not massive but big enough for lengths and quite deep at one end. There is also a shallow lazy river type idea which was nice although quite dirty which was off putting. As I was there in low season there were plenty of beds but in high season getting a bed would be tough. The breakfast was served from 7am until 10.30am with a good cooked selection, cereals, cold meats, cheese, crepes etc - my main issue with breakfast was that it was either luke warm or cold. Overall I found the staff quite rude at times we got told off by the man at breakfast for being in just before 10.30am - I totally understand they need to have a cut off point but people are on holiday and may possibly sleep in. Hotels in Ireland have no problem with people coming in right at the last minute, I think being told once would have been enough but both of us were told off separately. The man in question looked utterly fed up every time we saw him like everything was a problem - after all none of us like ours jobs all the time but he should remember the guests pay his wages. There was also another man going around the pool area telling people off for various things he was quite rude with us about bring our drinks to the pool - saying there would be trouble if it happened again. It's a bit contradicting when another pleasant bar man gave us plastic cups to put our drinks in and a bottle opener to open them. The first couple of days the room was cleaned well but this seemed to go downhill as time went on, I actually think it was possibly a different person cleaning the room later on our holiday. When lying at the pool I noticed other people's balconies being cleaned but ours was never cleaned. The entertainment at the hotel was practically non existent over 10 nights there was one bird show and a poor attempt at karaoke. Near the end of my break I went to use the downstairs toilets and to my horror was greeted by a cockroach this was my worst nightmare and ruined the end of my holiday. Unfortunately the only positive I see of this hotel is the location and room views from high floors !

• Stayed June 2013
VilaGaleHoteis, General Manager at Vila Gale Marina, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. Unfortunately I can understand your disapointment.
We appreciate your comments as they provide a reminder and correction of negative aspects.
I do apologise for the staff behavior and assure it does not happen again in the future.

Margarida Antunes

Been to Vila Gale Marina? Share your experiences!