“Ideal location, great staff, nice facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Dom Pedro Marina
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Tivoli, Lote H4, Vilamoura 8125-410, Portugal   |
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Cork
“Ideal location, great staff, nice facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Spent 11 nights here recently. Unfortunately the weather was awful, thankfully the hotel was great. The location is fantastic - literally a 1 minute walk from the Marina. The rooms are kind of basic, and yes, it is dated, but it is very clean, and has everything you need. The showers are outstanding!

The pool was lovely, although the weather meant I spent minimal time by it. The staff were great. I was travelling solo for most of the trip and they really were very kind to me, as well as being extremely helpful. The bar and foyer area were nice and comfortable - I spent enough time in them considering the bad weather to confirm this!!

The only complaint I have about the stay, and I know I'm not the only one, is that you have to pay for WiFi. In fact, when I was in reception on a couple of occassions I heard many others complaining about it. It makes very little sense, as WiFi is free everywhere else! I would highly recommend to the management that they reconsider this!

Finally I saw it mentioned somewhere on here about Yellow Fish Transfers for airport transfers, and I would also highly recommend them. Very reliable, and the cheapest place I looked up!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ManagerDPM, Manager at Dom Pedro Marina, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing Dom Pedro Marina Hotel.

We were delighted to know that despite the weather you had an amazing stay with us.

It is always rewarding to know that our guests are pleased with our staff and service.

We will take in consideration your suggestions and hope that in your next visit you will find everything at your convenience.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We travelled by monarch airlines to Faro , unfortunatly we were delayed as there were issues with the plane , but rather safe than sorry eh?
I had arranged a transfer with yellow fish taxis , i had heard good reviews about them but i was anxious about them actually being there to collect us , as You are with these things . But it went well , Del boy as he referred to himself (even though he was Portuguese ) met us with our name on a paper , gave us wine , let us use his wifi in the car , an chatted the whole way in English with us , it was a fantastic service . On the way Back we met Berto he was equally Nice and punctual , i told them both i would give them a plug on trip advisor .
Now the hotel , we had a great time , its a well located, hotel , near everything .
Its dated and needs updating , i imagine it was once a fab top of the range place but its loosing points to other newer places as they need to spend on it a bit now , they cant just rely on the location to keep it selling.
Breakfast was good , we didn't eat any more meals there but i believe its all inclusive as well , i heard it was Nice but repetitive .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Dom Pedro Marina Hotel.

We were very pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcome you back so we can achieve or even exceed your expectations.

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were unlucky with the weather which exposed the lack of leisure facilities in the hotel, but we knew that when we booked. The public areas and the room were excellent. Service at the bar and at breakfast was excellent. The location for the marina and the beach was great...just wish we could have used the beach more!
Our only gripe is the lack of free wifi in the public areas....come on guys, you need to move with the times. The daft charging structure meant that we went out for drinks in order to access free wifi...madness! I fully understand no free wifi in rooms, but a quick check of email should not cost cash these days.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and for choosing Dom Pedro Marina.

We were very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We really hope to have you again with us but with a nice weather.

Hertfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked this hotel on a whim as the one we booked in Moncarapacho was too quiet for us. The location did not disappoint. Hotel staff were very helpful and efficient and could not be faulted. Nice pool, good breakfast and not really expensive for its location. Rooms are tired and slightly depressing though, dark brown tiled floors and an overwhelming smell of bleach to go with the 1980's floral bedspreads and the wifi was priced at 2.5 euro for 6 hours a bit of a surprise in this day and age. All very clean, fine if you only fancy a couple of days, for longer would say pay more and have a bright airy room it would be worth it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was truly disappointed to learn that your experience was not in keeping with your expectations and I really hope that inspite of the negative points you had a nice stay.

I will give your compliments to our staff, and I’m glad that you found everything very clean.

We hope we will welcome you again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My parents stayed here for a week at the end of september, they found it very comfortable, clean and the staff very friendly.
it was a superb location with views over the sea.
great choice for breakfast, always fresh.
room very clean and tidy, good size and good ammenities
would recommend

Room Tip: visit casino.directly opposite hotel, but dont bother with the 90's show!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerDPM, Manager at Dom Pedro Marina, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing and recommending Dom Pedro Marina and for the time spent sharing your experience.

We were delighted to know that your parents had a very enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcome them (or you) again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Was expecting it to be a little dated but it was very very depressing upon entry, but as far I was concerned it was booked so let's just make the most of it. Check in was lame and to be honest in a four star you would expect to be welcomed with a genuine smile. I had requested a high room with a pool view with a double bed, got a room over the entrance with twin beds, within half an hour the twins were zipped together to make a double, an interesting and novel way to a solution, I would expect this to be a daily request don't understand how a couple cannot be supplied with an actual double bed. The rooms are old, boring lacking that holiday feeling very old world experience, no iron, no kettle, a filthy shower curtain that I'm sure has seen it use by date. Not that I watch much TV on holidays but I did want to get the odd news update, TV's were old with very bad sound and just frustrating to listen too. The walls are thin and chairs moving in other rooms cold be heard as if they were in your own room. I was very surprised I had to pay for wifi at a price that forced me to purchase a cheaper 3g bundle from my home subscriber, and you have to pay for each device, ironic when I would of got a drink or a coffee by the pool and used the WiFi in the hotel if it was free, so I decided to avail of the local bars spend my money there and use their WiFi. In my eyes they were pushing business out of the hotel. Overall I think the hotel has a genuine heart to please its customers but it has not matured to the time it is now in, for a four star I would expect so much more that would cost little money. A very very clean hotel, an excellent location with staff that could work in a five star, but with dark dated rooms, hard beds, poor interior throughout, basic breakfast I am disappointed in my choice of hotel in Vilamoura, all the issues I have with the hotel are not bad issues but just issues that could do with some investment in time and money. I would not send any of my friends or family there. Which is a shame. Hopefully on my next visit to Vilamoura the hotel might be updated.

Room Tip: Goes unnoticed
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Dom Pedro Marina Hotel.

I was truly disappointed to learn that your experience was not in keeping with your expectations and I really hope that inspite of all the negative points you had a nice stay.

I will take in consideration your suggestions and hope that in your next visit you will find everything at your convenience.

I will give your compliments to our staff, and I’m glad that you find everything very clean. Thank you!

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope we will welcome you again so we can change your opinion

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just had 3 nights here.Location is fabulous.Yes the rooms are tired but immaculate.Clean towels and bed sheets every day if you wish.Heated outdoor pool and lovely garden.Staff very helpful and friendly.Breakast was a mixture of hot and continental with real orange juice not concentrated.Had a meal in hotel restaurant one night and couldn't fault it.We didn't think the hotel was overpriced for drinks and food.We sat round the pool area and enjoyed a large jug of white sangria for about 12 euros and was worth every penny.The only fault we had with this hotel was that we only booked 3 nights here.We will be going back here because we enjoyed our stay that much.We have stayed in numerous top class hotels all over europe but really liked this one so much it is now in my top 5.

Room Tip: If you want a sea/pool view room you pay extra.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerDPM, Manager at Dom Pedro Marina, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review and for choosing Dom Pedro Marina Hotel.

We were delighted to know that you had an amazing stay with us.