I booked a holiday from 12th to 19th March for a golf 4 ball. Booked through Super Travel, all inclusive.
The arrangements made by the company were superb. Met at the airport by rep. Taken to mini bus and then to the hotel. Met at the door by a man with our hired clubs and free golf balls. Given vouchers for three courses and the hotel stored the clubs ( which were top of the range ) at the hotel. Transport from hotel to course each day.
Booked in to usual standard rooms in a good hotel and went to the bar. No draft beer. The explanation- not enough people in the hotel to make it worthwhile. That was confirmed by the fact that we spent most of the week in the entertainment lounge in the company of between 4 and 8 people. Entertainment consisted of someone playing music off U tube which was located on a lap top and played through amplifiers. We were able to watch live football in the TV room.
The food was OK but not to the standard of a 4 star hotel. All of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly which is to their credit because we discovered that for the people who live in Portugal, times are very very hard.
The lack of customers was not due to any failings of the hotel. It is due to absence of Spaniards who usually book around Easter. They have their own difficulties. At night, the streets were deserted. All in all we had a good week. Super travel were superb especially Guy Brown. We felt very sorry for the Portuguese. Nothing was too much trouble and they assisted with any problems we had. The hotel even got us a substitute day of golf because we were rained off on one day.
We would recommend Grogans Irish Pub, close to the hotel. Good craic with the staff and good pub grub.
Every golfer we met recommended The Old Course Vilamourra but unfortunately we did not play it. Don`t play The Laguna if you are a high handicap golfer.
Special thanks to the Barman Jose ( pronounced "Juicy" ) in Portugal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located near the beach and the marina, Dom Pedro Golf Resort is ideal for golfers, family holidays and holiday makers. Golfers are just a few minutes away from some of the leading Championship Golf Courses in Algarve. Also ideal for a family holiday, Dom Pedro Golf Resort provides supervised summer entertainment program and children facilities such as: a playground, a playroom, children’s swimming pool and children’s menu. Babysitting service available (on request). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Dom Pedro Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dom Pedro Golf Hotel Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Hotel
- Dom Pedro Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Golf Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Golf Resort Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve