“Food good, terrible attitude!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: THE BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT IN VILAMOURA
Reading, UK
“Food good, terrible attitude!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were a party of 8 (Indians) and have to say the food was excellent, when it eventually arrived! The attitude of the staff however was not good. They made us feel like we were an inconvenience, especially when we asked if we could move to a table inside as it had got quite cold outside (this was before the food arrived and we moved our own glasses, cutlery etc). Our request was met by a few tuts and had it not been late and we were so hungry we probably would have left. However, when the food turned up we were pleasantly surprised with how good it was. The mixed grill was particularly good. The ingredients were very fresh and tasted authentic. If you don't want service of the century and just want a good curry then this place is recommended.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“BBQ chicken?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Really disappointed by this meal.....we were hopeful when shown to our table as the restaurant was small and homely rather than brash and modern like most of the places along the marina, however, the food was a big let down. The popadoms were chewy, the rice mediocre but the main courses worse than my attempts of authentic Indian cuisine. We complained and a new meal was cooked for us to replace the BBQ chicken we appeared to have got for a Pathia, but the meal ruined.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“best in Vilamoura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great restaurant good food and plenty of it and nice staff best in Vilamoura and i have tried them all

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Food poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

After visiting the restaurant 3 hours after eating I came down with severe food poisoning, no wonder considering the state of the kitchen. Me and my friend ate here, I went back to complain and get my money back, where we were subjected to severe abuse from the manager. after a rather heated discussion he gave me back the money I paid for my meal. I was disgusted with the response on our return, even no appologie was made. I urge everyone To stay away unless they would like to loose 24hours of your stay confined to the bathroom! Absolutely disgusted!

Glasgow
“Best Indian restaurant I've ever visited!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is honestly the best Indian restaurant I have ever visited! I ate here three nights and the food seemed to get better and better each time. Naan bread is fantastic. The staff are very friendly too and nothing is too much hassle! The food was that good we heard other people sending their compliments to the chef. A must visit restaurant!

• Visited May 2012