“lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua do Oceano Atlantico Algarve, Vilamoura 8125-478, Portugal   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 35 hotels in Vilamoura
Preston, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We transferred to this hotel after finding our original choice of hotel and resort (Real Marina Spa in Olhao, Portugal) did not meet our expectations. We walked into the beautiful lobby of the hotel on 30th September and immediately felt the stress of the last 24 hours disappear. We were allocated a great room on the ninth floor that had wonderful views of the fantastic beach and marina.
We were staying on a half board basis and were disappointed with the food, would not rate as a 5* - no show cooking and many of the dishes were only warm.
We were lucky to be able to secure sun beds on the lovely deck when the weather was good and we did not have to get up at the crack of dawn to achieve this! I agree with other reviewers that the arrangement of red bean bags on a grassed area is not satisfactory solution - sun beds would have been a much better and more in keeping for a 5* hotel.
Just a small downside - the UK tv channels are limited (CNN, Sky News and a couple of obscure ones in English).
All in all we had a lovely six day break here, wish we were still there!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MP_CP_Vilamoura, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am glad to read that you had a lovely break.
There will be more sun beds next season on the pool area as per our guests suggestions.
Looking forward to welcome you back again soon at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.

1,118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland

We stayed in this Hotel for 10 Days and found the Hotel itself to
be excellent. The staff were friendly and efficient. The Hotel was
clean and very well maintained. The food was good.
I do have one problem I.E. BAR PRICES

The prices in the hotel bar must have been set by a pirate !!!

Example --- 2 x Jemison whiskeys 20 EORO. By my reconing
there is 35 bar measures in a 1 Litre bottle.
This works out at 350 EURO for said bottle.
I purchased the same bottle in an off licence a few
minutes walk from the hotel for 20 EURO.

The bottles came from the same plant in Midleton, Cork Ireland,
so incurred the same shipping charges.

This is only one example of complete Piracy in the bar of this hotel.

I would suggest if you are staying in this Hotel dont purchase anything
in the bar even water.

Room Tip: Side sea view rooms are excellent
Dear Griff,
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your holidays at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.
Also would like to clarify that the bar prices are consistent with a 5-star hotel.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Heard alot about this hotel and read some great reviews. It didnt dissapoint .
We thought a week here would be too much and we should of stayed 4 days only . But we had a great time , we Walked  the beach every day , its gorgeous .
Visited the old town of quarteira and Walked the promenade there a few evenings.also the market on Wednesday.

The Marina is pretty with fantastic views , Nice shops and restaurants .
There is a little train Thats   helpful you get your bearings although its only a small resort so its easy to get about.
The weather was amazing 26-27 throughout our stay , warmish evenings , just a light jacket if it was a cooler night but generally it wasnt needed.
Getting here is easy too lots of choice of airlines and timings we found.
To the hotel we were advised a transfer was best , we chose what seemed to be the popular choice yellow fishtransfers and they were great , punctual with A/C and a friendly driver . We had been advised not to take one of the shuttle services are they make You wait a long time for other guests  and drop everywhere. Ours was private and direct and well priced.
This hotel is definatly value nu for money and a great location, i would visit again And i would recomend for long or short stays.

Dear James,
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, we are delight to know that you have enjoy it.
Looking forward to welcome you back again soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband & I Stayed for 3 nights bed & breakfast late September. Superior room with a sea view & it had a glass walled bathroom! Very comfy bed, clean & spacious room. Only down side was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room & us Brits do like a cuppa! Breakfast was great - huge choice. Staff always smiley & pleasant. There is a spa in the hotel but we didn't use it. Had the weather been nicer we would have used the outdoor pool, but the weekend we were there it wasn't pool weather.
Great location, within walking distance of the beautiful marina which was full of lovely restaurants. Lots of great bars locally too.
Would not hesitate to recommend & would definitely go back :)

Room Tip: Go for a Superior room with a sea view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your review regarding your experience at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.
I am really glad to read that you would not hesitate to recommend & would definitely come back again.
Looking forward to welcome you.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've stayed here twice and have loved it on both occasions. My favourite thing about this hotel is the view from the balcony on the casino side! You get to view the most amazing sunsets over the sea, I love it. The beds and bedding are amazing, so comfortable, and I love the music in the bathroom. I do agree with a couple of reviews on here that it would be great if there was tea & coffee making facilites in the room. There is the nespresso maker but I don't like espresso coffee on it's own. Also there are not that many sun loungers around the pool so they do get snapped up super quick but this didn't bother me as I'd go crash out on a bean bag or head to the beautiful beach which is right on the doorstep. Breakfast is fab, lots of choice and all of good quality. There's always a bottle of cava out so you can even have a champagne breakfast! Front desk team are always polite and helpful. We did have to complain about the air conditioning in our room being warm and it got fixed. All in all I find The Crowne Plaza Vilamoura a very relaxing place to stay and I'm sure I will return soon for a 3rd visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rachael,
It is really rewarding to read that you have stayed twice at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura and that you loved both occasions.
Next season there will be more sun beds around the pool.
Looking forward to welcome you for the third time at our hotel.
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura for 3 days 2 nights on the 2nd October. It was a gorgeous hotel with very pleasant, helpful staff, at the end of the day it's the little things that make the difference when you are on a break.

On arrival we were ugraded to a suite due to the fact our arrival was so late in the evening. Secondly we forgot our phone chargers and they charged our phones every day. Thirdly, on the day of departure we checked out at 12 noon and weren't due to leave until 5pm, they continued to provide all their facilities until we left hotel, clean towels, showers wifi code etc etc.

Ignore any of the bad reviews about this hotel they are unfounded. On a minor note the bean bags on the grass were wet underneath, but it had been raining prior to our arrival so it would be expected. There was no shortage of sun beds but perhaps that was the time of year. The pool area was nice and relaxing and very quiet which was nice......it was predominatly occupied by older people, little or no children.

Overall the hotel experience was excellent and the buffet breakfast offered a great choice, from boiled eggs, fried eggs, to scrambled, to steamed tomatoes, bacon, pancakes, freshly made omlettes on the spot, to fresh fruit and juices, meats and breads, one wouldn't go hungry...

Villamoura, however is another story, I felt on arrival the resort is very man made a totally different place to Albuferia which in my opion is beautiful. It is appears however to be a golfers paradise...there were loads of restaurants which I felt were reasonably priced in comparison to Ireland! The Marina was again nice to look at, but lacked atmosphere..... it's hard to explain but in simple it's not the most romantic place in the world! We did have good fun in the Casino one evening but I didn't win any money!!! Also, I feel that if you weren't a sun worshiper or a golfer there would be very little to do in Vilamoura.

Oh one more thing to note be prepared for big q's in the airport on departure.....20 minutes to drop back car, 20 minutes through security and 20 minutes to go through passport control and then q for your flight! In the past I visited Portugal alot and I never remember all the q's!

All in all I had a nice break and if you were a golfer I would highly recommend Vilamoura.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view......it's a pleasure to wake up pull the curtains open the sliding door and l...
Dear Guest,
I am really glad to read that you had a excellent experience at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura.
Looking forward to welcome you back again soon.
Londra, Regno Unito
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I found a deal and I went for it.I spent a week end in this resort.
The resort is really clean and the staff is really nice. Rooms are amazing. They are huges and really well presented. Breakfast was nice with pleanty of choice. I will definetely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Ocean view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Daniel,
I am reall glad to read that you will definetely come back to our hotel.
Thank you for taking your time and posting you review.
We at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura are looking forward to welcome you.
Kind Regards,

Been to Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve? Share your experiences!