“Good value and decent food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Situado nos Pateos da Marina, perto do Patacas BAR
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Good value and decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pipa rota can be found in the square back from the marina, it offers a decent menu selection with prices that are definately good value. We sat outside as it was a beautiful August evening (not something we are used to this year coming from the UK!!), and the service was attentive and friendly. The wine list is good, with prices perfectly acceptable. I will definitely return, I think this is a reasonably priced restaurant with very nice food. A good venue for families and adult groups.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

staffordshire
“lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a lovely meal here the waitress couldnt do enough for us. I ordered a drink and it came with a cherry, she noticed my little boy asked for it then bought a little plate full for him. The food was fabulous and we all really enjoyed it.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very nice setting - food ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We got stopped by a restaurant tout who took us to this place and we are really glad we went with him. Pipa Rota is in a square with several other different restaurants - very beautiful setting, a warm evening with some live singing going on in the square. If the tout brings you in you get a free glass of wine or a beer which is a great incentive. The service is quite slow but we found this in the majority of restaurants in the region. I think our British impatience shows here! The food was ok; my mixed meat kebab could've been better - it was not moist enough but still enjoyed. I can't remember what my husband had! The staff were great and we had a free glass of port too after dinner.

Visited July 2012
Larbert, , United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is little Portugese restaurant of the Marina and is well worth the walk. So good we went twice and best value for money.
Best piri piri chicken of the holiday.

Visited July 2012
Ilfracombe
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Considering all of the positive reviews on here I was surprised that we did not agree, I wouldn't go so far as to say it was terrible but it was not by any stretch of the imagination good. The service was slow, we waited around 15 minutes to get a drink and longer for our food order to be taken, the food when it arrived was just passable. We both ordered a prawn cocktail starter which looked impressive but didn't deliver on this intial promise, I was disappointed with my main which was the house special steak dish, this was an overcooked steak in some sort of creamy sauce with bacon, my wife had sea bass which she declared to be very nice so not all negative. We decided against a dessert and also declined an offer of a free glass of port as by this point we just wanted to go. Not somewhere I can recommend but maybe we just went on an off night?

• Visited July 2012