I just came back from my second trip to the Tivoli Victoria and once again I was very impressed. The hotel is beautiful, clean and modern, as are the rooms. We had no problems with housekeeping, clean towels were left every day and the room was spotless.
The pool area is beautiful, and if you are up by 9.30-10 there is no problem getting a sunbed. As other reviewers mentioned, there was one day where the pool was shut for a few hours due to a child using the pool as a toilet, but I really don't think the hotel can be blamed for that, I thought it was great that they shut the pool and went to extreme measures to check the water was clean and safe for people to use.
It is a little far from the town, but a taxi is €12 and there are shuttle buses between this Tivoli and the Tivoli marina. Bus times seem to change by year as there were more in 2012 and the only advice I would give is if you are there at the height of the season (first 3 weeks in August) then make sure you get in the queue early to ensure a seat.
The staff are lovely and helpful. My dad had a fall out of the pool one day and badly bruised his leg, and one of the pool bar staff, who was a part time nurse, checked on him every day after that.
It's nice and quiet for sleeping, and the beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfasts are also great with so much choice of foods. I haven't eaten dinner there so cannot comment about that. Lunch by the pool is pricey, however a cheese and ham toasty is around €8 and you get 2 sandwiches with a huge bowl of chips, which we used to share.
I don't really have a bad word to say about the hotel and will definitely be returning again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Vilamoura, the Tivoli Victoria is pure sophistication. From the amazing rooms to the panoramic views out over the beautiful fairways of the Oceanico Victoria Golf Course, designed by the legendary Arnold Palmer, the surroundings of this 5 star resort make it an authentic 360º experience. For Conferences, events and meetings which require the highest quality, the facilities at the Tivoli Victoria include rooms with a total area of 900 m2 and capacity for up to 950 people as well as the latest in audio-visual technology. And for pure leisure, at this hotel near the beach in Vilamoura in the Algarve, take a dip in one of the 4 amazing swimming pools (one exclusively for adults - +16 years - from 1 July to 30 September) or sit down to some culinary delicacies prepared our chefs in one of our many restaurants and bars. For a touch of the Far East, revive your spirits by pampering yourself at the Elements Spa by Banyan Tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tivoli Victoria - Vilamoura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria - Vilamoura Portugal - Algarve