I just came back from my second trip to the Tivoli Victoria and once again I was very impressed. The hotel is beautiful, clean and modern, as are the rooms. We had no problems with housekeeping, clean towels were left every day and the room was spotless.
The pool area is beautiful, and if you are up by 9.30-10 there is no problem getting a sunbed. As other reviewers mentioned, there was one day where the pool was shut for a few hours due to a child using the pool as a toilet, but I really don't think the hotel can be blamed for that, I thought it was great that they shut the pool and went to extreme measures to check the water was clean and safe for people to use.
It is a little far from the town, but a taxi is €12 and there are shuttle buses between this Tivoli and the Tivoli marina. Bus times seem to change by year as there were more in 2012 and the only advice I would give is if you are there at the height of the season (first 3 weeks in August) then make sure you get in the queue early to ensure a seat.
The staff are lovely and helpful. My dad had a fall out of the pool one day and badly bruised his leg, and one of the pool bar staff, who was a part time nurse, checked on him every day after that.
It's nice and quiet for sleeping, and the beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfasts are also great with so much choice of foods. I haven't eaten dinner there so cannot comment about that. Lunch by the pool is pricey, however a cheese and ham toasty is around €8 and you get 2 sandwiches with a huge bowl of chips, which we used to share.
I don't really have a bad word to say about the hotel and will definitely be returning again next year.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tivoli Victoria is a luxury 5 star hotel. All rooms have panoramic views over the fairways of the golf course. With 18 greens, the Victoria Golf course designed by Arnold Palmer is known as one of the best courses in Europe. Tivoli Victoria is also perfect for conferences, events wich require the highest quality facilities Experience leisure in one of the hotel swimming pools, and revive your spirit at the Elements Spa by Banyan Tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Tivoli Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.