Booked this 5 star luxury hotel in january this year, really excited about going and looked on trip advisor for reviews. All looked fab and could not count the days quick enough before we got there on 21st April for 1 week in a Golf course view room, breakfast included
When we arrived our room was not ready and we were told to go and have breakfast which was not included for the first day and cost £35 for both of us. When room was ready we were taken upstairs and shown room that had a view of waste land not golf view unless your moved over the balcony to your right. I said not happy with room and asked it to be changed. This took several hours and as we had been up since 02.30hours that day we were very tired. Room changed about 3pm and it was fab , so all good. Our holiday was great until the thursday lunchtime when we were invaded by 300 conference delegates for a medical 4 day seminar!. They took over hotel, noise in evening from outside our room , trying to get in and pushing bell , then screaming in corridor. I reported this to reception and was seen by manager who gave us voucher for restaurant , very apologetic and seemed concerned that we were not impressed. We had meal which was fab at the time. Later that evening the 300 delegates had a disco that started at 10.30pm and lasted until 0500hrs on the sunday ! so much noise, music so loud even with windows closed we could not sleep, and we had to be up at 0600hrs to get flight home.
When we went to reception to check out staff were apologising for behaviour of the conference guests, saying a lot of young ones this year and some tried to get in pool too !. We could not have breakfast as too early and was given packed lunch, even though we had paid for breakfast in our holiday package. I had felt very ill and sick that morning and by the time our flight took off i was sick the whole journey home and was taken to the front of plane by staff who were very good. I was so ill i had to be taken off plane by wheelchair as could not walk due to food poisoning. So upset that our first holiday in nearly 2 years was not the relaxing, chill out 5 star hotel that we had booked and wanted. The rooms and cleaniness were great, but having a conference and not telling your guests to brace themselvesfor an extra 300 people is pretty bad customer service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tivoli Victoria is a luxury 5 star hotel. All rooms have panoramic views over the fairways of the golf course. With 18 greens, the Victoria Golf course designed by Arnold Palmer is known as one of the best courses in Europe. Tivoli Victoria is also perfect for conferences, events wich require the highest quality facilities Experience leisure in one of the hotel swimming pools, and revive your spirit at the Elements Spa by Banyan Tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Tivoli Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Victoria Hotel Vilamoura
- Tivoli Victoria Vilamoura, Portugal - Algarve