“Lovely views of Marina” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Plaza

You added Marina Plaza to your Saves list
Marina Plaza
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Av. da Marina Plaza, Vilamoura 8125-401, Portugal   |
Co Cork
“Lovely views of Marina”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very close to all amenities with lovely views could do with a little TLC though!
We used YellowFishTransfers.com for our airport transfers and I can only say that the experience was excellent and the young man who collected us on arrival actually phoned the company's out of hours phone no when no one was there to give us the key to our apartment.
The same young man collected us for the return transfer - he was mannerly and made polite conversation the taxi was spotless inside and out I would highly recommend them.

Room Tip: The maids were excellent it's the actual apartment just looks a bit grubby. Ask for a room with...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The apartments have a great location, really central, you can just park the car (car park included in the fare) and walk everywhere. This is clearly the upside.
The apartment also had a lot of domestic appliances - microwave, washing machine,... and the rental conditions were very clear about cleaning and other fees.
This i a great place for long stays and if you wish to have schedule flexibility.

The downsides; the decoration and the cleaning staff seem to be a bit sloppy. You could really notice that the apartment hasn't undergone a deep cleaning in quite a bit of time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the marina.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Travelled 31.3.13 - 5.4.13 with my husband. Lets get the negative's out of the way first - having visited Villamoura for the past 10 years this is the first time we have stayed at these apartments. Because the weather for the past week has been the coldest we have ever had in Vilamoura we did spend more time than usual in our apartment. The apartments are very old and in desperate need of upgrading - expecially the bathroom and the kitchen. The top of the cistern on the toilet had been cracked and stuck back together again, some of the tiles were cracked also. The shower curtain could have done with being replaced as it was dirty at the bottom. Overall, very tired and dated. The kitchen did have everything that you would require from a self catering aspect - if you choose to eat in. The kettle - we had to stand it on top of the microwave as the lead was only about 4 inches long and would have never reached the plug socket from the work surface. The building itself was freezing...we only had one portable heater for the whole apartment. We choose to put this in the bedroom as this was the smallest room and stayed warmer for longer. I think that there should be more heating. The bed was the most uncomfortable and squeeky we have ever slept in..the covers didn't fit the bed they were far too small more to fit a single bed I think rather than a double. ..the pillows could have done with being replaced they were quite lumpy and obviously old. Personally, I think all the furniture is a little dated, and made the apartment feel quite dark and dull. I think the emphasis for these apartments is the prime location...I also feel that in this day and age there should be some form of satillite tv..all we had were Portuguese channels...We were on the second floor in a 1 bed apt and I would imagine that in the height of the season it would be quite noisy especially if you have young children..You are probably reading this and thinking that I have done nothing but moan!!!..The location of these apts are absolutely fantastic and if you get one with the view of the marina you won't be disappointed - how amazing to wake up to that view every morning or to sit on the balcony and watch the sun set!!..The points mentioned are purely I feel to bring these apts into the 21st century...Would I stay at these apts again??.....yes probably but only during the summer months as they were far too cold..

Room Tip: Try to get an apartment with a view of the marina - it's well worth it!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We moved here after we booked somewhere else which we didnt like at all. We let ourselves in and immediately saw the view for the Marina, i couldn't believe our luck. It was absolutely gorgeous so definitely worth paying the extra!

The first floor 1 bed apartment was extremely spacious and very clean. I know this as im a cleaner myself and i couldn't fault anything!

Staying on the Marina there was so much choice for eating out it took us a while to decide which one to choose!

Shortly after our return we booked again. Going back tomorrow and very excited. A week isn't long enough though! Everything perfect and staff very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel was very nice it was clean and the food was lovely the staff where very friendly over all a great hotel

Room Tip: The rooms very nice and clean
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was offered this accommodation following an arrival where the apartment I had booked being totally inadequate and unsatisfactory. All i can say is WOW. Location you really get no better. Completely unspoilt views of the marina, really nice and cool apartment on hot days and in the evening you get to see the sunset in the west. Okay so the furnishings are not world class but I have to say incredibly comfortable, clean and spacious and right on the step of the marina and all the lovely restaurants as well as a stones throw away from the beaches.

I can highly recommend this place. Pay a little more and you definitely wont be disappointed with this accommodation. If I go back to Vilamoura and I am more than likely to (this was my 4th visit), this is where I will be stopping.

Room Tip: Always try get the apartments with unspoilt views of the marina. You wont regret it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lot-et-Garonne, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Was a little unsure about the above having always stayed in the Ampalius hotel, but my resertvations were laid to rest the moment we went inside the apartment, it was fantastic, big lounge, seperate kitchen , bedroom (basic) very clean with views of the marina to die for.

We loved it so much we booked again the day we returned home, going back December.

We would recommend it highly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Marina Plaza? Share your experiences!