“good hotel in very center of town” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Stad Munster
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Markt 11, 7101 DA Winterswijk, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Winterswijk
Zurich, Switzerland
“good hotel in very center of town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a nice stay here, the room was nice and big, bathroom was ok size. As in many hotels, everything is quite wet though after showering. Staff was very friendly. Free parking at the back, There is a risk of waking up early because the chirch is about 5 meters from your room window and bells will chime in the morning.. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: At the back you will probably hear the chirch bells less.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mullingar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hotel is rather dated (like most hotels I stay in, I'll have to do sth wih it); it's located in the middle of Winterswijk, there's a public carpark at the front and private one to the rear of the building. Room I got looked bit like a ferry cabin - it was very small with a tiny TV; "sapphire" bathroom was simply delightful :). But having said all that, the whole place was quiet and clean, bed was comfy, shower worked ok, price was very reasonable and all staff super helpful and friendly. I would visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Fraserburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Was only there for one night, and arrived late and left early.

Staff - excellent and very friendly and helpful. Was leaving before breakfast started at 8 AM so got a pre-prepared breakfast pack which was very good.

The bar is very nice and again excellent service, nothing too much trouble.
The room was very nice, everything was spotlessly clean, bed very comfy.
Beautiful square outside hotel.

Only negative was the church bells ringing every hour through the night! That's the only reason I am rating sleep quality as average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very nice hotel in the city center. Location is great for walking after work to shopping or dining.

Staff is very accomodating and friendly. Breakfast selections are good, and coffee is great.

Dinner in the evening is awesome! Very well presented and tastes superb! Each entree comes with side dishes that make the meal special!

• Stayed September 2013
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Arrived at the hotel on a filthy, wet day with two bicycles and two very wet people. We were met at the reception by the owner, Simone. She helped us to store our bicycles, take our luggage to our room, and was most helpful. We had one meal in the brasserie and it was superb, the service was first class. I could recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are touring with bicycles, there is undercover storage space.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Recently stayed 2 nights on a business trip.
Franz who took over running the hotel 3 months ago is a great host and his staff can't do enough for you. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
The room was large with 2 single beds pushed together, a couple of chairs, a desk and a spacious bathroom. The bathroom had a bath with shower over and good water pressure.
We ate dinner there on both nights and the food was superb. I had venison which was very tender and a colleague had Sole, there's a good selection to choose from but if nothing appeals they're flexible enough to cook what you want. Nothing's too much trouble.
On the second night my colleagues and I were working on our laptops in the front lounge, and rather than move to the restaurant for our evening meal, the staff kindly set the table up in the lounge and we had private dining ( and worked between courses )
One thing to note is there are no Taxis available in the locality much to our surprise when we arrived at the local railway station but we phoned the hotel and Franz dropped everything to come and collect us straight away.
Not only that he also drove us across the German border on 2 consecutive mornings to our business meetings approximately 15 minutes away.
Brilliant service from brilliant staff.
Just a note about breakfast, if you're expecting a full English you'll be disappointed, but you are in Europe so a continental breakfast it is, consisting of cooked meats, cheeses, boiled eggs, bread (with toaster to use) cakes, cereals and a good selection of tea and coffee. More may be available but we didn't ask.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at rear of hotel to avoid any noise of church bells.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Stayed here for a night while on business, arriving quite late I was given the key to Room 109. Room was inclusive of a single bed, small desk and chair, side chair, wardrobe, and ample sized (and very blue) bathroom. Had a nice walk-in shower, very large with good water pressure. Good thing as I ran my elbow into the wall half the night, fianlly got up and pulled the bed a few inches away from the wall.

I could not get the TV to work, but was quite busy catching up on work so was just as well. Internet was free, as was parking along the street. I did not eat the hotel breakfast as I cannot consume EUR 13.50 worth of food. If you don't have too early of a start, there are two bakeries with indoor seating areas about 1 minutes walk from the hotel, they open from 08:30 most days and for EUR 5.50 I had a nice breakfast.

I was a bit miffed to see single rooms costing EUR 55.00 on the rate card posted outside the hotel, and I was invoiced EUR 65.00 for 1 person in a 2 person room when, clearly, I was not in a double room. I took this up with the gentleman on the desk and he basically shrugged it off. He was also the same chap who told me the previous evening that the hotel breakfast was the only option in town until 10:00. Curious....maybe he misunderstood that I did not want a full sit-down brekkie?

I am not sure what makes a 4-star hotel, but this didn't tick that 4th star box based on my experiences elsewhere. The location is fabulous, however.

Room Tip: Make sure your room type matches what you are being charged for!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterswijk
Hotel Cafe Restaurant Bulten
Landhotel De Greune Weide
Landhotel De Greune Weide
#1 of 1 in Eibergen
3.0 of 5 stars 8 reviews

Been to Hotel Stad Munster? Share your experiences!