“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Stadskanaal

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Stadskanaal to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Stadskanaal
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuisplein 30, NL-9501 SZ Stadskanaal, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Western Rewards Rate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stadskanaal
Bradford UK
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

The lobby doesn't look much but the hotel makes up for it when you get into your room. However it takes a while for you to reach your room though as the lift is VERY slow. So after the first day I used the stairs.

My room was lovely, very large and airy. It had large floor to ceiling windows which went out onto a balcony. The views were lovely at night looking out to the South of the town.There was even a small porthole window which looked out to the West. I had booked a double which turned out to be two singles put together. The condition of the room was clean are there was the usual amenities - coffee, tea, shampoo etc.

My only slight grumble (and this wasn't really the Hotel's fault) was I stayed over Easter when nearly all the shops of Stadskanaal are shut. If you want to bring back food as holiday gifts you are suddenly faced with a large bill. I ended up buying Pickwick tea through the hotel and Edam, waffles through Schipol airport. Not the most cost effective way of ending your holiday!!

The hotel charges for car parking but there is a free carpark 1 minute away just nextdoor to the theatre (which is nextdoor to the hotel!) Put it this way I could see my car from my balcony.

There are 2 foodstores very nearby which were very handy (when they were open!)

Altogether I like my stay here and will be staying again on my next visit to Stadskanaal in July.

• Liked — The size of the room, lightness and balcony
  • Disliked — Easter Saturday meant no room service
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

The room was clean, we arrived late and asked if we could have an extra room. This was no problem and even got the same great internet rate.

The breakfast was ok, room and bathroom clean and bedsheets and furniture in mint condition.

The elevator is a little slow but did not bother me. The people at reception told me a new elevator will be installed in september 2005.

The only thing is that was really missing in our room was having an affordale (wireless) internet connection. We stayed in room 604 and the 'computer' connection was not wired at all. I managed to hold the laptop on the balcony terrace and was able to check my mail through a free signal from one of the neighbours.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Stadskanaal? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Hotel Stadskanaal

Address: Raadhuisplein 30, NL-9501 SZ Stadskanaal, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > Groningen Province > Stadskanaal
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stadskanaal
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN Hotel Stadskanaal 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hotel Stadskanaal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Stadskanaal
Stadskanaal Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Hotel Stadskanaal, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.