“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Zeist
Vancouver, Canada
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We booked this Hotel through bookings.com were not told the hotel was closed because of drugs.When we arrived there was a note on the door to go two blocks down the street to the apartments.The room was old& taps in sink were not working was so hot in the room we had to leave. Horrible place rude staff don't stay at this dump.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We booked through bookings.com and on our arrival June 16th we were informed that the hotel had been closed since April and was going to be closed for a full year due to a hard drug bust and a prostitution ring from the hotel. We had arrived late and we were put up at the Steyn apartments instead. Not having much choice and having prepaid and nowhere elso to go we stayed for the three nights we had booked.
The Steyn Apartments is a certifiable flop house with a receptionist with terrible and indifferent attitude. We were put up in horrible and extremely hot attic rooms with none of the amenities we consider normal. Don't go there. We will take this up further with bookings.com as they should know that the hotel itself is closed before they let people book.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a workshop for one night. This is the second time I stayed. First time I got a big double room for the same price at the back of the hotel in a quiet area. The rooms do smell a bit and the bathroom was exceptionally small. The second time I got a one person room 101 facing the corner of two streets with noise. The bathroom was good though. Despite I ordered a non-smoking room, you can smell that someone smoked in the room before. As I checked in very late (almost 10pm), I didn't bother to change the room but just put in my ear plugs and slept on their -- I have to say, comfortable bed. But all by all, it's a shabby hotel. I didn't try the breakfast as you can have excellent breakfast nearby for less than the 10 to 15 euro that the hotel ask for a breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Castello Di Godego, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I staied here from a few days during a business trip, I got the apartament 101 that it's quite big and well equipped (the kitchen is a bit small, but more than enough for me).The only think the apartment needs is some refurbishment, everything it's quite old and now the price you pay for one night it's a bit too expensive for what the room offer. I am not planning to stay here again, unless they will refubished!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I recently started a job in the netherlands and booked the Steyn Hotel last minute.

my main problem and my reason for writing this review.

- I was out at work and was expecting to come back to my room to relax when they had removed my things because I had not paid. I had in-fact paid for that nights stay and the next night. When we finally sorted out this mistake. A man brought me my belongings which were kept in the dining room which was left open!! in the room was a very expensive camera, all my clothes and my papers and books for work were found chucked in a black bag which creased some very important papers and best books. After I did not even receive an apology from the host.

Further more:

- Cob webs on the ceiling
- The stairs and halls smell like bleach and sickly sweet perfume
- Room was freezing cold
- Shower goes from hot to freezing cold
- Shower head is broken
- Outdated
- Noisy

I strongly recommend that you avoid this shed with a bed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Sankt Georgen ob Murau, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I had to pay up front when I arrived, then went to my room which was terrible, no curtains, holes in the door , dirty and very noisy, so I decided to immediately check out and asked for my money back of which they refused to give me back. I have tried through booking.com to get my money back as I booked through them but they say they cannot do anything about it.
So my advice is to stay well away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

I would never stay at this hotel again even if i was paid for it. You can hear EVERYTHING the neighbours are doing, is loud and nosiy all the time (even though if there are not music playing). One day after i had bought food to store in the minibar which btw was empty i went out and when i came back in someone had turned off the electricity to the hotel room and all food was ruined. There was nothing even close to a hotel experience i can come to here.

If you stay in zeist then i would find another place to stay. My stay at this place was so bad that i had to use money to book another hotel because i was exhausted by all the noise. When i woke up after having trouble sleeping i heard a neighbour doing something that heard like hammering on a wall. Clearly the previous reviews had no other neighbours because you would definitely have heard them even. The roof was also right over my head so there was no "space" from the neighbours either if you know what i mean.

Wouldnt even recommend it to a person i didnt like. If you are staying in utrecht then be prepared for long and expensive journyes back and forth. The reception also apperently had opening hours which i though was strange, i think they closed at 21:00 so if you have some kind of a problem after then all i can say i guess is "good luck". Luckily i was home before 21:00 when i noted that the electricity was out.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Steyn Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!