“Very Friendly Comfortable Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel De Sniep

Hotel De Sniep
You added Hotel De Sniep to your Saves list
Hotel De Sniep
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Broekwegschouw 209, 2726 LC Zoetermeer, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Zoetermeer
Essex
“Very Friendly Comfortable Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here for three nights from 4 - 7 April. Although we did not spend much time in the hotel, the staff were extremely helpful and the rooms were very clean, well maintained and comfortable. The shower is the best I have used in a hotel and the beds are great too. There was a wedding on our first night which meant some noise when people were leaving but I can't complain about that. Just people enjoying a happy occaision. Good variety at breakfast although a toaster would have been nice. Even so, the kind lady did offer to take some bread to the grill for us. All in all a very pleasant stay and I would recommend Hotel De Sniep. Special mention to the lovely Ashley who tried her best to get us tickets for a football match despite it being 'members only'.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have stated at this property twice, once in June 2010 and a second time this past week. The beds are a special featherbed called a Doux Featherbed- and are incredible. I get the best sleep whenever I stay here. The property is well kept, clean, and fairly priced. I can't speak to the breakfast as I always seem to sleep through it. Front desk staff always friendly and helpful. I would stay here more often , I am just not in the area often.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have a customer located quite locally to this hotel and when I first planned to visit them, they recommended a chain place across town. I checked TripAdvisor for somewhere more local and was glad that I did. If you find yourself in Zoetermeer for any reason, De Sniep is where I would recommend going.

It's pretty reasonably priced and really modern inside. Quite stylish without being ostentatious. Friendly in the way that a chain place rarely is without being overbearing. It has a really nice, laid back atmosphere, and I (almost) find myself forgetting that I am on business when I get back to my hotel, which is really the holy grail of business travel. The layout and style of the buildings is nice, it's obvious that some care and thought has gone into it.

Simple details like included WiFi that you just need a code for (so I can hook my phones up etc) with lots of hotspots; a nice restaurant that you might choose to eat in anyway, rather than it being something you resign yourself to because it's easy. The rooms are well laid out, particularly those with the mezzanine level. Breakfast is nice and simple with plenty of choice. Everybody who works here seems friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast is decent, there's a good sized car park and also a park next to the hotel which is handy for a walk or a run.

If I was really trying to pick fault, the bathroom is pretty empty of toiletries (some soaps would be nice!) although there's a shower gel dispenser, and there's no minibar / bottled water in the rooms (although ask at the bar and they'll give you a bottle of water). Having said that, if I could pick this place up and put it down wherever I am next instead of resorting to the inevitable dreary but predictable chain place, I would.

Room Tip: Split level mezzanine rooms are good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed for two nights whilst attending birthday celebrations for a Dutch friend. Not too far from airport (approx 30 mins). Hotel is absolutely lovely. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are in separate building from reception and restaurant (right next door).Very clean ,spacious rooms with either balcony or small garden area. Tea/coffee facilities, large flat screen television, nice decor and comfy beds. Bathroom separate from beautiful, modern spacious shower room. Could not fault room at all. Meal for friends birthday celebration was held in hotel restaurant (private dining for 28 people) and the quality of service and food was excellent. Very Impressed by all aspects of our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

From the moment we walked into the reception
we were made to feel most welcome, after being shown to our room which was perfect
for all our needs ( split level bed (tv)upstairs & toilet/bathroom,living room (tv) balcony downstairs.
we headed back to get some food in the resturant, the service was impeccable
All of the staff were so helpful and polite and the food was supurb.
Even after returning from a concert at 1am that night the staff prepared a full plate
of hot food for us, and the following morning(sun 07:30) before we departed the staff cooked a breakfast for us instead of being left with the usual continental option.
There's a large shopping area about a 5 minute walk away with loads of shops with lots
of familiar names. This is by far the best hotel we have stayed in so far, so much so that
were already planning our return for a longer stay within the next few months.

Room Tip: All the rooms are split level, although were told room 13 is the one to go for, which will be our n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I used this hotel for a business trip along with 6 colleagues. The hotel is located about 35 mins in a taxi from Amsterdam airport. The hotel is very clean and friendly. The rooms are large and well equipped. The meals in the restaurant were excellent on the two evenings we stayed and breakfast is a bufet style with plenty of choice along the lines of a continental style. We use this hotel as a global company for staff when visiting our office in Zoetermeer and the reports are always good.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be good, however room 13 (if you're not superstitious) is excellent, with fo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We needed a hotel in Zoetermeer as we were visiting family in the area and the De Sniep was very close.
I had checked on Google maps for directions and a view of the road, as a previous poster has said it looks like the entrance is on a cycle path, but this is not the case although it is an awkward turning of a roundabout. The carpark is quite large and free, but it appears to be used by people travelling into Zoetermeer and avoiding parking charges so does get busy during the day and if there is any kind of function in the restaurant / bar.
On arrival in holland we called ahead to see if the rooms were avaiable before to 14.00hr check in time and a pleasant receptionist said that they would be ready in 30 minutes.
When we arrived at reception we were informed that our room had been upgraded to an apartment suite and we were shown to the room on the first floor. The room was fantastic comprising of a kitchen / dining area with a 42inch flat screen TV and a bacony overlooking a small cannal and a park. Up the stairs there was a lounge area with another TV leading into the huge bedroom where there was a huge and really comfortable double bed ( and another flat screen TV ).
The bathroom consisted of two seperate wash basins, a walk in shower / wet room and a huge double jaccuzie ( we didn't have time to try this out unfortunatley).
We stayed for 3 nights but didn't use any of the other facilities ( the breakfast was quite expensive at 15 euros so gave this a miss ) and although expensive, it is competativly priced for the area.
I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room on the first floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel De Sniep? Share your experiences!