“Nice Break and a nice for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Amsterdam
Nieuweweg 27, Valkenburg 6301ES, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #49 of 51 hotels in Valkenburg
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice Break and a nice for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

To be fair, this is Good for the price, my wife and 16 year old have just come back from this hotel, there is no lift ,so if you do happen to be allocated on the 4th floor, bad luck !
The rooms differ in size, if you have a large family for 4 or 5, management can supply a room for all of you. We booked 2 rooms , one for my wife and myself, and one for our son.
We had heard that Amsterdam never sleeps at night, so when we booked about 4 months ago, we asked if we could have rooms at the quiet part of the hotel, which was the back of it. To be fair to them they didnt let us down.
If it's large bathrooms your after?, then your in for a surprise, you have a sink , toilet, and shower all in one, this didnt bother me ,yes it was small but it did the job I wanted so I wasn't bothered. The room was clean and tidy, and it came with a fan, as it is a warm time of the year, you can have a hairdryer on request at reception, also a remote control for your television, to be honest the only thing that this room needed was a bit of paint .!
Breakfast is supplied outside your door in the morning, a continental, of one roll and a slice of cheese, I didn't bother with that, as this hotel is small, it doesn't have a restaurant, so in the morning I got up, got out of Dam Square, took a walk towards centraal station, leading up to the station are about 4 -5 hotels that are happy to serve non residents breakfast, one was a coffee house/restaurant on the left hand side, 4 shops from c and a , that were doing a full english ,(even with chips, if you wanted them) at only 5.50 euro.
I tried not to go too far from the square at night, I had been warned earlier in the day by a dutch policeman that pick pockets , and muggers were targeting tourists in the area, so its best just to keep to pubs and bars in your hotel street, especially if like me you've had a few drinks by 1am in the morning.!
Yes ,We had a Great time, I would recommend this hotel, but only if you don't expect too much, it is a budget hotel that is Good, that's all,and it COULD do with decoration !, the staff were friendly to us, and nothing is too much trouble, when you go out watch out for the cyclists, I almost had one or two over, or one or two almost had me over?, , If you want to save money, and go to 25 places FREE of charge, then get the 'I am Amsterdam ' card from the Tourist information building, opposite Centraal station, for only £16.55 a day, you can save pounds, it pays for itself on the first day ! Have Fun !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Been to Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Amsterdam

Address: Nieuweweg 27, Valkenburg 6301ES, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > Limburg Province > Valkenburg
Ranked #49 of 51 hotels in Valkenburg
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsNL so you can book your Hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Amsterdam, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.