“Convenient and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 51 hotels in Valkenburg
Belgrade
“Convenient and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel is a good option when visiting Valkenburg. I stayed here for business and my experience was wonderful. Location is perfect- Valkenburg Christmas market and Maastricht are very close to the place. Rooms are very clean, big and nicely appointed with necessary things. Washroom looked fresh and functional. Breakfast was excellent and included a great selection. I will love to recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ideally, I'd give this 4 and a half stars, because we really enjoyed our stay here. This is a hotel, but actually has far more of a B&B feel to it.

The good:

* The beds. This was by far the best bed I've ever slept in, in any hotel. Yeah, that includes the 5-star-resort in Mexico. Even for a difficult sleeper like me, who usually does not sleep well the first night in a bed that's not my own, this was perfect.

* The breakfast. It's a buffet that has a big variety and includes something for everyone. On top of what's been put out on the buffet table, the staff comes round to ask if you would also like eggs - any style.

* The staff. The lady who owns the hotel was very friendly, conversational and ready to help us if we had any questions at all.

The less-good (I don't want to say bad, because there was nothing that was bad, exactly):

* If you're used to sleeping in a dark room, you'll have trouble if you stay here during the summer months. For us it was okay, since the sun doesn't come up until past 8.30 anyway, but the curtains don't darken the room at all.

* Our shower was less than ideal. The shower head was in need of replacement, which resulted in half the bathroom being flooded by the time we were done. Although that was more the cleaning crew's problem and not ours. The friends we travelled with had no trouble at all with theirs.

Overall, I loved this hotel. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated, it's close to the Valkenburg Christmas market and Maastricht, which is great for shopping. Definitely recommend this!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

Because of a party in the neighbourhood we booked this hotel as the party hotel was full. I looked for a cheap price and got this.
The small parking was full so we had to park the car in the street, which was not a problem .At checkin we had to pay directly as we were only staying 1 night. You can only pay here with Dutch bankcards. Creditcards are not accepted. So, we had to pay cash.
Room 205 is a double and small; 2 single beds and a small bathroom with shower. A very nice shower I must admit. The rooms are not very soundproof, you can hear your neighbours, and you'll also hear people walking in the hallway.
The curtains are not darkening at all. TV is functioning well.
Breakfast is good with a good choice, and consits of a typical Dutch products: hagelslag.
All in all, I didn't want to pay too much and in that sence I got what I paid for, but it was ok.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — noisy room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Brasserie Vroenhof? Share your experiences!