Ideally, I'd give this 4 and a half stars, because we really enjoyed our stay here. This is a hotel, but actually has far more of a B&B feel to it.
* The beds. This was by far the best bed I've ever slept in, in any hotel. Yeah, that includes the 5-star-resort in Mexico. Even for a difficult sleeper like me, who usually does not sleep well the first night in a bed that's not my own, this was perfect.
* The breakfast. It's a buffet that has a big variety and includes something for everyone. On top of what's been put out on the buffet table, the staff comes round to ask if you would also like eggs - any style.
* The staff. The lady who owns the hotel was very friendly, conversational and ready to help us if we had any questions at all.
The less-good (I don't want to say bad, because there was nothing that was bad, exactly):
* If you're used to sleeping in a dark room, you'll have trouble if you stay here during the summer months. For us it was okay, since the sun doesn't come up until past 8.30 anyway, but the curtains don't darken the room at all.
* Our shower was less than ideal. The shower head was in need of replacement, which resulted in half the bathroom being flooded by the time we were done. Although that was more the cleaning crew's problem and not ours. The friends we travelled with had no trouble at all with theirs.
Overall, I loved this hotel. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated, it's close to the Valkenburg Christmas market and Maastricht, which is great for shopping. Definitely recommend this!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Brasserie Vroenhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.