“good sauna and hotel, mixed service and food” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“good sauna and hotel, mixed service and food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

we stayed one night at the resort, including 2 days access to the sauna and rasul treatment for 120euros (socialdeal).
here are some recommendations to make it better for our next visit:
- be picky with which food or drinks you have in the restaurants of the resort. Some things are really disappointing, either take things that can't go too wrong like bread or chips, or check out what the crowds are having.
- service is mixed, just expect it
- after 20:00 strange people start arriving, maybe you want to finish then :)

nice hotel room, quite, clean comfortable, good welcome at reception, good selection of saunas, pools.

I would recommend the rasul treatment, we got it for 20 euros for 2 persons as part of the deal, normally it's 20 euros per person, then perhaps it's a bit too expensive. You get some different types of mud that you rub on different parts of your body (partner recommended), the end result looks quite funny :)

mixed feelings we had with food and service. The first night we chose the surprise dinner at the "gourmet" restaurant for 30 euros per person. It started well with very good fennel soup, but my salmon was chewy and my wife's beef was quite hard and dry (medium cooked), the dessert was just normal. I would avoid dinner in the hotel restaurant and look for something better in the city. During the day we tried some food also, which was also disappointing and sometimes overpriced. Tomato soup was ok, mixed tapas were really small without bread for 11 euros! mojito had no taste of alcohol. To be on the safe side, you can either order normal stuff like bread or chips, other option is to look around if there is something popular and to order like it to avoid disappointment. Service was sometimes great and very helpful, and sometimes the waiters didn't understand our inquiries and just "ran away".

the activities (aufguss) in the spa are quite limited. There is one aufguss outside, one with honey inside and mini aufguss also inside. The outside one is very crowded and you need to get in line 10 minutes early as the sauna is small. Inside the sauna is big and contain more people. If you think that the saunas in the thermae2000 are great, you should check out the carolus thermen in Aachen, the carolus is on a different level from this point of view.

the people and atmosphere were ok, it's difficult to find quite saunas, and usually there is some talk. After 20:00 groups of guys (>5 people) start arriving, and they didn't seem very comfortable to me, staring in a not nice way, so it's a good time to finish the day at the sauna :)

all in all what was really missing for me is better food and somehow better service. I think if the food could improve this can add a lot to a wellness spa.

Visited October 2013

Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best spa I have been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The choice and variasion of the facilities are amazing. Wanted to try them all but ran out of time. Next time we plan to go for a whole day to make the most of it.
Never had an issue with other guests but I guess that is just a gamble in any spa you visit.

Visited May 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The baths is good but some of the guests terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

During a hectic business trip I visited Thermae2000 to unwind for an evening. At the entrance they informed me that it was nude Thursday so no clothes allowed even in the pools. A gave it a go and early in the evening it was really nice, clean and friendly. But as the sun went down more and more creepy guys showed up. After a while I realized that I had one guy following me and obviously trying to make contact in a rather sleazy way. So in order to get rid of the first guy i swam outside into one of the jacuzzis enclosed in the middle of the pool. In that jacuzzi was another man, older (late 50's) who was constantly staring at me. I started to get really uncomfortable so I looked back to see if there was anything wrong. He just continued to stare and showed his hard-on. swimming away as fast as I could, the first guy was waiting outside the jacuzzi and followed me back inside. I lost it and left almost immediately afterwards.

I briefly explained my experience to the girl at entrance so I did not have to pay for may visit which was a nice gesture, but nevertheless, If you are a solo male, avoid clothing free thursdays at any cost. It was really unpleasant.

Visited September 2013
Brussels
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We use to visit Thermae 2000 for years. In the past we came just for one day, last year we decided to come for a weekend and in May 2013 we came back for three days. Unfortunately our stay was badly influenced by a mistake of one of receptionists when checking us in. The reception, despite artificial smiles and pretended kindness was the weakest point at the hotel. Despite we duly paid our demi-pension, which was also indicated at the Voucher for oir stay, each evening we were told, "sorry but you do not have a dinner, you have to pay for it"...each of two evenings we had to undergo through explanations, that we have a demi pension, waiting some time until waiters consult reception about us....of course alll guests having dinner were staring on us, like we steal something....

Overall impression this year is not very positive. It seems to us that public places of Thermae, toilets, corridors, showers were dirty, even water in basins was not very clean.

Durring our stay we appreciated our room which was comfortable and clean, as well as food , which was excellent.

As it is not healthy to stay whole day at SPA, we went for a half day sightseeing to Valkenburg. We were impressed by very nice landscape of the city and a lot of attractions around it. We visited open air church, ruins of the famous castle and a tower above Valkenburg. As we did not have much time we did not make it to caves just very close to SPA. We recommend visitors of Thermae to combine their stay with some sightseeing like we did.

We certainly will come back, but not in short time and we will be more careful.....

Visited May 2013
Urmond
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The main problem with the sauna area is that people just in for a swim can just wanfer in. No sense of discretion or privacy. No so nice really. Not the worst I have been to, but close.

Visited November 2012
Thermae2OOO, Commercial Director at Sauna & Wellness resort Thermae 2000, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you didn’t enjoy your spa day. We would like to speak personally with you about your experience. You can send your name and phone number to marketing@thermae.nl.

Pauline Verhoef