“The baths is good but some of the guests terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 15 Attractions in Valkenburg
Stockholm, Sweden
“The baths is good but some of the guests terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

During a hectic business trip I visited Thermae2000 to unwind for an evening. At the entrance they informed me that it was nude Thursday so no clothes allowed even in the pools. A gave it a go and early in the evening it was really nice, clean and friendly. But as the sun went down more and more creepy guys showed up. After a while I realized that I had one guy following me and obviously trying to make contact in a rather sleazy way. So in order to get rid of the first guy i swam outside into one of the jacuzzis enclosed in the middle of the pool. In that jacuzzi was another man, older (late 50's) who was constantly staring at me. I started to get really uncomfortable so I looked back to see if there was anything wrong. He just continued to stare and showed his hard-on. swimming away as fast as I could, the first guy was waiting outside the jacuzzi and followed me back inside. I lost it and left almost immediately afterwards.

I briefly explained my experience to the girl at entrance so I did not have to pay for may visit which was a nice gesture, but nevertheless, If you are a solo male, avoid clothing free thursdays at any cost. It was really unpleasant.

Visited September 2013

Brussels
3 attraction reviews
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We use to visit Thermae 2000 for years. In the past we came just for one day, last year we decided to come for a weekend and in May 2013 we came back for three days. Unfortunately our stay was badly influenced by a mistake of one of receptionists when checking us in. The reception, despite artificial smiles and pretended kindness was the weakest point at the hotel. Despite we duly paid our demi-pension, which was also indicated at the Voucher for oir stay, each evening we were told, "sorry but you do not have a dinner, you have to pay for it"...each of two evenings we had to undergo through explanations, that we have a demi pension, waiting some time until waiters consult reception about us....of course alll guests having dinner were staring on us, like we steal something....

Overall impression this year is not very positive. It seems to us that public places of Thermae, toilets, corridors, showers were dirty, even water in basins was not very clean.

Durring our stay we appreciated our room which was comfortable and clean, as well as food , which was excellent.

As it is not healthy to stay whole day at SPA, we went for a half day sightseeing to Valkenburg. We were impressed by very nice landscape of the city and a lot of attractions around it. We visited open air church, ruins of the famous castle and a tower above Valkenburg. As we did not have much time we did not make it to caves just very close to SPA. We recommend visitors of Thermae to combine their stay with some sightseeing like we did.

We certainly will come back, but not in short time and we will be more careful.....

Visited May 2013
Urmond
“Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The main problem with the sauna area is that people just in for a swim can just wanfer in. No sense of discretion or privacy. No so nice really. Not the worst I have been to, but close.

Visited November 2012
Thermae2OOO, Commercial Director at Sauna & Wellness resort Thermae 2000, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you didn’t enjoy your spa day. We would like to speak personally with you about your experience. You can send your name and phone number to marketing@thermae.nl.

Pauline Verhoef
commercial Director
Thermae 2OOO
Phnom Penh
9 attraction reviews
“Enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went by there yesterday, a no-suits day. Quite a big crowd unfortunately but a nice vibe. Especially enjoying the bathing facilities au-naturel is something well worthwhile. Wasn't impressed by the chaotic sauna department nor at the bill afterwards (remind myself to check first ...)!

Visited July 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
17 attraction reviews
“Small, but many activities”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is a rather small sauna part, as they share the space with the thermal springs swimming pools. However, they have regular ceremonies and quite a few saunas. That is very nice. Staff is friendly and there is free water everywhere. There is a big area to lie down outside and although on a rather steep slope it is fine.

Not so nice is that there is not a shower close to every sauna, which means many people do not shower before jumping into the pool (although the staff reminded people to have a shower before swimming regularly after the ceremonies). The central shower is badly adjustable in temperature and there is no shower gel provided (apart from the showers in the dressing area). Also, some of the restrooms were not really clean (and I do not consider a guy running around and sparying disinfectant a suitable alternative for cleaning).

Overall, the place was lacking in flair and style. It was fine for the sauna part, but felt a bit cramped.

Visited July 2013