I have attended a number of business functions here. Always well organised with attentive service. Recently I needed to attaned a business function here on my Wife's birthday. So we decided to stay at the hotel and make an event of it.
We arrived early and has a very nice and reasonably priced light lunch at the Bistro.
We followed this by spending the afternoon in the small, but very nice spa. Nice facilities - pool, steam roon and sauna. In addition we had some treatments whci were very well done - maybe a little pricey.
Our room was on the ground floor in the main building. If you want to spend more, they also have some very nice suites and small apartments in seperate buidlings. The standard room was fine, comfortable bed and plenty of space. The bathroom was nice and very clean, but could lacks any "wow" factor.
Breakfast is served in the very light and airy garden room with beautiful views over the parklands. Its s abuffet style menu - hot and cold options and a good variety. It is quite expensive, even compared to most hotel breakfasts.
After breakfast we took a stroll around the chateau and the grounds with its quirky and interesting art collection - don't miss the big rotating egg in front of the bistro / restaurant! Perhaps the most beautiful and spectacular part of the chateau is the very beatiful chapel - don't miss the oppoortunity to take a few quiet moments in this ornate and restful place before you leave.
As always, the staff were attentive and helpful - this cannot be taken for granted in The Netherlands, so full marks for the excellent hospitality.
If you would like to treat yourself to a relaxing couple of days in a beautiful environment with excellent food and a nice spa this should definitely be on your list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Could anything be more attractive? The irresistibly attractive Geul valley, the marvellous Ingendael wild life reserve, our own extensive parks, stylish baroque gardens, a farmhouse herb garden, a standard-tree fruit arboretum, and a rose garden – features that as such have given cause to the fame of Chateau St. Gerlach.It’s a unique place to escape from the pressures of everyday life. Pamper yourself in true five-star style in these picturesque surroundings, where historic buildings nestle in magnificent countryside. You will find a splendid hotel with 97 hotel rooms, suites and hotel apartments, a la carte Restaurant Chateau St. Gerlach, Bistrot de Liege, Spa & Wellness St. Gerlach, a Roman indoor swimming pool and several meeting and banqueting rooms for business meetings and receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Chateau St. Gerlach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau St. Gerlach Hotel Valkenburg
- Chateau St Gerlach Valkenburg