I stayed at St Gerlach for 4 days for a business conference In March 2012. The hotel is impressive to look at, has nice gardens and a nice spa / pool area. I ate breakfast and lunch here, which were alright (standard-fare for a hotel) although I didn't eat an evening meal here so can't comment.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
I was staying in a two level apartment style room which was pleasant enough although I found it a little cold (in the aesthetic sense of the word). The bathroom was huge - as big as the room easily!
Maastricht isn't the most exciting of towns in terms of nightlife but is located a reasonable distance from some bars and restaurants. Impressive since the pictures on the website give the impression that it's in the middle of nowhere!
No real complaints about the hotel other than that the wireless service is terrible. The signal comes and goes. Probably due to the sheer size of the hotel. They just need to add some additional routers for the rooms in the buildings further out.
Probably a good place to come to for a romantic getaway or if you're looking for a different side of the Netherlands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Could anything be more attractive? The irresistibly attractive Geul valley, the marvellous Ingendael wild life reserve, our own extensive parks, stylish baroque gardens, a farmhouse herb garden, a standard-tree fruit arboretum, and a rose garden – features that as such have given cause to the fame of Chateau St. Gerlach.It’s a unique place to escape from the pressures of everyday life. Pamper yourself in true five-star style in these picturesque surroundings, where historic buildings nestle in magnificent countryside. You will find a splendid hotel with 97 hotel rooms, suites and hotel apartments, a la carte Restaurant Chateau St. Gerlach, Bistrot de Liege, Spa & Wellness St. Gerlach, a Roman indoor swimming pool and several meeting and banqueting rooms for business meetings and receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Chateau St. Gerlach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau St. Gerlach Hotel Valkenburg
- Chateau St Gerlach Valkenburg