“Pretentious” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Pretentious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

It looks stylish on the outside and the reception (by the owner?) is favourable.

Unfortunately, anything after that was downwards. The prosecco was not bad, but just that. The vegetarian appetizers were quite tasteless although it had many ingredients. The main dish, catch of the day, was dry with likewise unimaginative vegetables on the side. The wine, Chablis, was acceptable, but way too overpriced.

The service was passable, but I wished that the lady had cut her long and dirty nails.

A pretentious restaurant, but not offering the quality it should based on its prices (in our case, well over 100 Euro for two persons including wine).

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Normal, Illinois
“Awesome dinner but a little pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I loved the fried fish ball starter with curry mayo - it was awesome. The bread was great and I skipped an appetizer since I wasn't very hungry and things were pricey. I ordered the goose in orange with roasted carrots. It was awesome! I really loved the flavors and the portion was just right - plenty but not too much. I had a great cup of decaf coffee with 3 little sweets for my dessert and each little sweet was incredible in its own right with only the honey flavored one a little too sweet.

I would definitely recommend this place for a nice dinner. It is very formal and a very pleasant atmosphere. It would be a nice place for a romantic dinner though many of the diners the evening I was there were work groups.

I really enjoyed my dinner there and just really enjoyed the whole experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aarschot, Belgium
“Quiet but excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great experience, fantastic food (especially the salmon starter and the fish catch of the day).
I went by myself on a Monday evening (on business trip) and was the only one in the restaurant, so a little to quiet to be cosy.

Visited March 2013
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Good food but extremely pricey Plus very formal settings , Not the backpack travellers place !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was staying overnight at the Holiday Inn Express at Hoofddrop, The list of restauraunts was provided by the staff and so I dropped in by chance on a Saturday evening.
The setting and the ambience is very good, but be aware that this is a very formal restauraunt.The prices therefore would be compatible with this status.
The service was a bit slow for my liking, but none the less the staff were polite. I noticed the bread served with olive oil was mouldy and this did generate an apology with a slash in the drinks off my bill!
Varken (Fillet of pork) was really good with the leek and potatoes.
Overall I would reccomend this place if you are aware that it is very formal and the price goes with it: There can be no grumble regarding the price

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
The Hague
“Nice to be here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Just come and see yourself how Marktzicht looks like.