“Awesome dinner but a little pricey.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Normal, Illinois
“Awesome dinner but a little pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I loved the fried fish ball starter with curry mayo - it was awesome. The bread was great and I skipped an appetizer since I wasn't very hungry and things were pricey. I ordered the goose in orange with roasted carrots. It was awesome! I really loved the flavors and the portion was just right - plenty but not too much. I had a great cup of decaf coffee with 3 little sweets for my dessert and each little sweet was incredible in its own right with only the honey flavored one a little too sweet.

I would definitely recommend this place for a nice dinner. It is very formal and a very pleasant atmosphere. It would be a nice place for a romantic dinner though many of the diners the evening I was there were work groups.

I really enjoyed my dinner there and just really enjoyed the whole experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Aarschot, Belgium
“Quiet but excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great experience, fantastic food (especially the salmon starter and the fish catch of the day).
I went by myself on a Monday evening (on business trip) and was the only one in the restaurant, so a little to quiet to be cosy.

Visited March 2013
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Good food but extremely pricey Plus very formal settings , Not the backpack travellers place !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was staying overnight at the Holiday Inn Express at Hoofddrop, The list of restauraunts was provided by the staff and so I dropped in by chance on a Saturday evening.
The setting and the ambience is very good, but be aware that this is a very formal restauraunt.The prices therefore would be compatible with this status.
The service was a bit slow for my liking, but none the less the staff were polite. I noticed the bread served with olive oil was mouldy and this did generate an apology with a slash in the drinks off my bill!
Varken (Fillet of pork) was really good with the leek and potatoes.
Overall I would reccomend this place if you are aware that it is very formal and the price goes with it: There can be no grumble regarding the price

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
The Hague
“Nice to be here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Just come and see yourself how Marktzicht looks like.

Dallas Texas
“Excellent local fair....wonderful setting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I had dinner there with 4 people for a buisness meeting. The ambiance is wonderful and the food was above expectations. It does not have the fastest service but as an American, I am used to this. I personall like the slow eating style but you must be prepared.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere